WTB Tan Pigskin

Ron Plantz

Ron
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Need enough original tan pigskin to cover driver side front seat on 72 CS. Goal is to keep my driver as original as possible. New leather upholstery will look out of place.

Ron Plantz

Ron
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Never heard of them. I’ll google it. Was thinking a Coupe owner may have replaced their tan pigskin and held onto it. Used would be fine. Really only need enough for top bolster but I’ve read on our site that it’s tough to patch something in.

Thanks for responding.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The pigskin is one of the rarer choices. Only saw it on one car so far.

Ron Plantz

Ron
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kind of hard to tell if this is a match.

Attachments

• 5A1EDCC4-7644-4827-91D7-9D43683094A9.jpeg
    5A1EDCC4-7644-4827-91D7-9D43683094A9.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 107

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The pigskin is one of the rarer choices. Only saw it on one car so far.

I don’t think GAHH sells pigskin, it has the hair follicle holes in it, that sample doesn’t.

Ron Plantz

Ron
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I hear ya. Realize the chances of running across tan pigskin someone kept is slim to none but thought I’d give it a shot. Could happen I guess.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ron -- assuming you find the material, I would plan on dyeing the front two seats as part of your process. It is unlikely that you will find a material that precisely matches your existing seat color, as color can vary over time with UV exposure.

skb

Reaction score
Try to call World Upholstery and Trim in California. Ask for Mars @805-921-0100. Address: 1320 E. Main St., Santa Paula, CA 93060. Email: [email protected]
I got nice leather from them years ago (20+), and just got reprinted door panels, that I matched with the seat color

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The '73 manual nachtblau/tan coupe I had from '75 to '81 had the 'pigskin' appearing upholstery. Didn't realize it was rare at the time. If certainly did not show any wear by the time it was 8 years old, so I always thought it was real pigskin, but many here have said it was cowhide with small punctures to replicate the hair follicle holes of pigskin.

Gary

Ron Plantz

Ron
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting stories around our Coupes. It feels more coarse or thick than typical leather so I convinced myself it was pigskin. Not sure what to do if I can’t find something used but still nice enough for my Coupe.