WTB Weber Downdraft

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A few years back @sfdon had some kicking around.
He is more of an FI guy. Maybe he has some holding doors open or keeping papers from flying off his desk.

jmackro

Reaction score
They are available new which might be a safer bet, maybe replace both while he's at it. Really not that much money as far as coupe spending goes...

Agree. I recall calling Mike Pierce (of Pierce Manifolds fame) many years ago to discuss a Weber issue. I suggested sending my pair of 32/36 DGV's to him for rebuilding. He laughed and essentially repeated with vince wrote below: "cheaper to just replace them - these carbs don't have ball bearing shafts like the DCOE'S, and as such, the replacement cost is less than the (professional) rebuild cost."

And yes, I have since learned to work on them myself.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mike and everyone at Pierce Mainifolds is super helpful and the new Webers are good........ but look at them carefully !

I got a bad one with a casting burr or gouge in the bottom of the emulsion tube well and it gave me a really bad time. I still don't really know what it was doing exactly but the emulsion tube & air corrector jet sat up too high and I suspect fuel from the emulsion tube was leaking into another part of the carb and activating the power valve.
Made me doubt myself as the car would perform perfectly...... and then smoke heavy and randomly and then stop with no ability for me to replicate the issue. Untold hours and a chunk of $$ trying to solve. I had never gotten a brand new carb with a problem like that !

Sorry for the tale of woe but, I think new parts are inexpensive nowadays and need a little more scrutiny than they used to.

In the end Mike replaced the carb and the problem was solved !

Attachments

• gbox - 1 (1).jpg
    gbox - 1 (1).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 87