Yanko Design e9

RHSteve

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before but an interesting take on a future electric e9

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have no new fresh design ideas so you just bastardize a classic one. Hideous in every respect...

OTOTOTO

Site Donor
Reaction score
Designer critique:
Common mistake among designers doing retro is to take the details off a classic without understanding the philosophy behind that design. The e9 is special not simply because its “soft” as much as it’s delicate with well placed details and unique proportions. This design is too playful by comparison maybe closer to the 2000cs in style, but he missed that note.

If this was my concept, I would take the redesign of 2000cs as an example that a proper facelift can yield a truly remarkable car. I would use the electric i8 platform and greatly simplify the design to something that takes classic proportions into consideration. Find out what BMW should be in the world of electric vehicles, etc etc. Headlights and grills don’t make a car, that’s just icing on the cake. Make the cake good and all else falls into place.