You know you own an E9 when...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You know you own an e9

when your neck is stiff from nodding "yes" to every one of these unreasonable reasons like a bobble dog on the rear window shelf of a Chevy Camaro.

Steve ONeill
74CSi

atan888

Reaction score
When you always reply "and what else?". When a tech discovers a problem or anything that needs to be fixed or replaced.

Young or old everyone likes your car.

When you have to make sure its garaged and dry.

When you start wiping your car and calling it a wash.

When you choose to take public transport when you feel thats its going to rain.

When you know you will never use those wipers.

When others ask you "Isnt that the James Bond car?" How would I know? I was 2yrs old when this car was first sold.

When you keep on saying to yourself " I love that car such a classic"and you start admiring the lines.

When your not sure what to call your car ( E9, 3.0. coupe,) and always have to explain what it is.

When you have cool friends that can talk about this car all day.

When you start thinking of investing in a body shop.

When your proud to be the owner.

Honestly my car has not run since the day I bought it and never riden in one at all but I check and smile at it everyday. I always tell my self "I like that car" =)

Alvin

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this thread so i am bumping it to include a few of my own:

-when you search craigslist to see how much a lift would cost and you measure your garage for fit

-when your wife finally relents to the permanent extra place setting at the kitchen table for carb parts or other works in progress

-every morning you receive an autosearch email from eBay with the latest e9 parts listings

-a "simple" repair turns into a month-long journey of parts searching, forum advice asking, and a slippery slope of "while I have this part off I may as well do that too..."

nameless

Reaction score
- When your e3/e9 ebay search contains more math than it does words, and it rounds out, to the character, the maximum content for a saved search.

- When you have spare canning jars full of the granulated rust that you took out of the car to remind you of how important it is not to be that previous owner.

- When you have a film canister of .028" thick paint that has been scraped off the decklid after eleventeen odd of the previous owners resprays.

- When you go to do some investigatory sanding in the area of a rust bubble and end up taking the whole car to bare metal.

- When replacing a little trunk floor rust turns into fabricating a whole new trunk floor and 16 gallon fuel cell mounting system.

- If after all these woes, you still can't bring yourself to get rid of the car, because of one of those Top Gear Alfa Romeo Swear Jar reasons like 'It has Soul.'

Jason