Site Donor $
Reaction score
same as mine w/ stock suspension and a 74 w/ tons of upgrades
what is it really worth?

Last edited:

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
A quality restoration with tasteful modifications and done to high standards is going to fetch somewhere in the low $100k mark. $125,000 for a top notch restoration is not unheard of.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
If the paint and bodywork are excellent as well as the inteior, chassis/suspension, trim etc... Then yes. I'm not a fan of the speaker/stereo mods but that stuff can be fixed for not much money or at the seller's expense. Otherwise the car would need to be turnkey.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
same as mine w/ stock suspension and a 74 w/ tons of upgrades
what is it really worth?
The speakers will clinch the deal a
If the car sells at the asking price, I will paint my armrests black, too...
At that price why isn't anyone talking about the engine swap? What happened to the value of matching numbers. And those are the ugliest speakers I have ever seen this side of a lowrider. Fortunately my armrests are already black. Steve

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very few coupes still have matching numbers given their propensity to overheat back in the day. And the S38 is a step above the very common b35 upgrade. I agree with Mike, a quality restoration can fetch this asking price, it doesn't have to be a CSL.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
so i bet theres a bunch of us with matching numbers
outside of the headbut then the original head was junk anyway right

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
The head on my numbers matching 1970 2800CS engine appears to be original, or is at least contemporary according to the date mark. I haven't pulled it and don't plan to unless it acts up.
However, I've sourced a later head to have as a spare for that day when it does go bad.

Ian

scottd

Reaction score
I value matching numbers, but guess many in the coupe community don't. The car is beautiful though.

Scott