zenith 35/40 to domestic carbs

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any body know the correct domestic carburetors (webbers/hollys) to replace the original Zenith 35/40 carbs? im just looking to simplify the air/fuel system on my 1972 Bavaria.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am also new to the site. I've spent entirely too much time researching. Most everyone runs Webers. Either a triple Weber aide draft setup, or dual downdraft. There are countless threads on the subject. Try a search on "Weber". Best wishes!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As someone who has had both, IMHO I'd try keeping the Zeniths. Take the carbs apart in sections, sand them all true, rebuild them, and enjoy.

Otherwise most use the 32/36 or a 38 if you have a motor to handle it.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I'm running 32/36 DGAV down drafts on mine. Still want to run three DCOE40 side drafts.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been working on cars for 20 years, but this is my first non-fuel-injected vehicle. I haven't looked at my carbs in detail yet. It's like voodoo to me. :D

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Any body know the correct domestic carburetors (webbers/hollys) to replace the original Zenith 35/40 carbs? im just looking to simplify the air/fuel system on my 1972 Bavaria.

follow stevehose's advice and keep the zeniths
no rocket science, but patience and a clean table,
you can follow these, they are nine videos, ...is a basque guy, probably a purist ;-)

http://youtu.be/7-bMXv_N-Vg

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
im definitely on the fence on keeping the 3.0 engine original and i know the rebuild kits for the zenith 35/40 are available. i appreciate the info cheers!

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I've been working on cars for 20 years, but this is my first non-fuel-injected vehicle. I haven't looked at my carbs in detail yet. It's like voodoo to me. :D

You and me both. This is my first carbed car.

Yes but he wants to simplify, not drive himself crazy :p

See above post. It's all crazy to me. And to think at one point CIS injection and L Jetronic were a head scratcher.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Try to find the Royze kits, I hear they are better than Walker.

im definitely on the fence on keeping the 3.0 engine original and i know the rebuild kits for the zenith 35/40 are available. i appreciate the info cheers!