Values of E9: German CSL sold - asked price was 65 000 euro

CSL 1973

Reaction score
The CSL 2275527 was bought and renovated by the owner of the BMW dealership in mid-Sweden in 1983-84. Later on the car was sold to the BMW dealer in Malmö, Sweden and since many years part of the "Söderström collection/museum" (former owner of the Swedish BMW Importeur). The car is Polaris but with wrong stripes (black) and located in Malmö.

Photos of 2275527 can be seen in the Swedish car magazin "Automobil" and in the Swedish issue of "Cars lexicon".

As regards the Bat kit, it was delivered (upon request and free of charge) for 2275430-2275539. There are also some pages in an old BMW parts catalogue where the bat kit (including windsplits, roof spoiler, front+rear spoilers and the CSL stripes are listed. All with their unique BMW parts number. Also all the mounting details are listed with BMW parts number.

During mid-80s it was possible, via the BMW dealers, to order the Bat kit etc.

Cheers

CSL 1973

Reaction score
The CSL 2275527 was bought and renovated by the owner of the BMW dealership in mid-Sweden in 1983-84. Later on the car was sold to the BMW dealer in Malmö, Sweden and since many years part of the "Söderström collection/museum" (former owner of the Swedish BMW Importeur). The car is Polaris but with wrong stripes (black) and located in Malmö.

Photos of 2275527 can be seen in the Swedish car magazin "Automobil" and in the Swedish issue of "Cars lexicon".

As regards the Bat kit, it was delivered (upon request and free of charge) for 2275430-2275539. There are also some pages in an old BMW parts catalogue where the bat kit (including windsplits, roof spoiler, front+rear spoilers and the CSL stripes are listed. All with their unique BMW parts number. Also all the mounting details are listed with BMW parts number.

During mid-80s it was possible, via the BMW dealers, to order the Bat kit etc.

Cheers

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Yannick,

I'm afraid you misunderstood what I ment. What I said about the stripes on 2275527 is correct. The black stripes on this particular CSL is wrong and incomplete.

Maybe I should have been more precise; the stripes on 527 includes two thin black stripes covering from the left to the right on the roof spoiler (late 635 style), no stripes on the front spoiler and no emblem-stripes on the rear spoiler (instead only a metal-emblem "CSL".

You are correct in terms of color of CSL stripes; they exist in black, darkblue or dark green (depending on the color of the car. In addition for Polaris and Chamonix, the Motorsport stripes was also a free of charge option.

Cheers

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
ahh....doze were dah daze...sigh