1972 3.0CSi For Sale

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score
It is with a heavier heart than you can possibly imagine (well - you probably can imagine if you own one) that I'm selling my coupe. This has been an incredibly hard decision.

I fell in love with the E9 at first sight. I remember it like it was yesterday when I saw it pull up next to my rusty old E12 at a stop light in Arlington, VA. I chased it down for nearly 20 years until I found one of my own. This one for sale.

I'm putting it here before eBay because you guys have been a great community for several years. I really appreciate the work that goes into this site and the people who contribute.

Be gentle on me. ;)

We've put a lot of work into this car. I say we because Terry Conners and Don Lawrence have quite honestly been with me (and it) almost every step of the way. Terry has given me an education on these cars more than any class I've retained from Architecture school at Boulder. Without he and Don I wouldn't know where to begin.

Enough of the sob story:

1972 3.0CSi
Fjord on Tan
Alpinas
Four Speed
Countless new parts and service from both Don and Terry

The car is currently sitting with Don in Alameda, California. It has a few areas of rust that need attention - but in general it's a gorgeous driver that I've been lucky to call mine for the last 6 years.

I'm asking $40,000. Some pictures attached - but better seen in person. Write me at [email protected] with interest.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150225665594948.352755.500864947&type=1&l=ba78ff06ec

Cheers,
SHIMBO

Bwana

Reaction score
Interesting car. "Fasten seatbelt" warning light on the dashboard correct? Is this a U.S. car or is that part of the federalization? I notice there's no second side markers on the front fenders so I assume it's an import. But a "MPH" speedo?

Just asking because I have a '72 CSi from Italy (imported around '96 I think) in much the same condition and it looks to have different details.

Good luck with the sale!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Michael good luck with the sale, just promise us that under no condition that you will sell a great car like this to googoutgoogout.

Interesting car. "Fasten seatbelt" warning light on the dashboard correct? Is this a U.S. car or is that part of the federalization? I notice there's no second side markers on the front fenders so I assume it's an import. But a "MPH" speedo?

Just asking because I have a '72 CSi from Italy (imported around '96 I think) in much the same condition and it looks to have different details.

Good luck with the sale!
i have seen a few CSi with the seatbelt light and the MPH speedo added as part of the federalization.

doba_s

Reaction score
It is with a heavier heart than you can possibly imagine (well - you probably can imagine if you own one) that I'm selling my coupe. This has been an incredibly hard decision.

I fell in love with the E9 at first sight. I remember it like it was yesterday when I saw it pull up next to my rusty old E12 at a stop light in Arlington, VA. I chased it down for nearly 20 years until I found one of my own. This one for sale.

I'm putting it here before eBay because you guys have been a great community for several years. I really appreciate the work that goes into this site and the people who contribute.

Be gentle on me. ;)

We've put a lot of work into this car. I say we because Terry Conners and Don Lawrence have quite honestly been with me (and it) almost every step of the way. Terry has given me an education on these cars more than any class I've retained from Architecture school at Boulder. Without he and Don I wouldn't know where to begin.

Enough of the sob story:

1972 3.0CSi
Fjord on Tan
Alpinas
Four Speed
Countless new parts and service from both Don and Terry

The car is currently sitting with Don in Alameda, California. It has a few areas of rust that need attention - but in general it's a gorgeous driver that I've been lucky to call mine for the last 6 years.

I'm asking $40,000. Some pictures attached - but better seen in person. Write me at [email protected] with interest.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150225665594948.352755.500864947&type=1&l=ba78ff06ec

Cheers,
SHIMBO

Messaged you on FB.

Thanks.