Rare Alpina bits on De eBay

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He's got some uber rare bits, but you better have a Jay Leno kinda bankroll. NMNA.

Enjoy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142193205426

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ed

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The link shows a 2002 Alpina air box, rather than the M30 one pictured. Hmmn

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I think I'd take a prettier photo if I was asking $4000 for an air box and carbs.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I think I'd take a prettier photo if I was asking $4000 for an air box and carbs.

If you do the math, the asking price is pretty spot on.

Triple weber 45 DCOE - $1,200
Korman Intake - $250
Replica Alpina Box - $600
CSI Airbox - $250
I.E. 5.5" Angled Stacks - $180

Now assuming you could make it all fit with an offset center weber, the price difference is $500. That doesn't factor in rebuilding the solexes though. With all that said, it would be hard to replicate that solex alpina setup at that price (using soles carbs), even with reproduction parts.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I suppose you are correct on that Markos. I have this setup on my car. Every time I take off the Alpina box I shudder to think of it shattering if I was to drop it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I suppose you are correct on that Markos. I have this setup on my car. Every time I take off the Alpina box I shudder to think of it shattering if I was to drop it.

Eeeek! If it shatters send it back to me. I'd run it after gluing it back together like the leg lamp from a Christmas Story. :D