FS-71 2800

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For those of you who saw the "sold" message earlier......

I must have asked too little! the gentleman backed out of the deal after giving me a deposit, which he said to keep- it wasn't much but enough to get some beer and maybe a, OK never mind, but Hamleta is still on the block!

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, thought she would get more interest but not willing to let her go for less, maybe I'll just wait for the market to improve? :)

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos, I think you're right, I'm banking on the "refreshed originality" and the cleanliness factors, not to mention that this thing rides like a dream (as do many of the ones out there) :)

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Happy and sad!

It's official, Ham-lee-ta now has a new home. That means I now have to spend a long time re-cleaning and tightening everything up but I think she's going to a good home in the Boston area and I hope you all welcome her when she arrives in a couple of weeks.

Once again, thank you all for the good wishes and uplifting commentary, Unfortunately for you all I'll probably get another and post restoration shots and banter ad nausium unless I find an 850i and drop my 440hp Coyote Ford motor in it with an old school 5-speed. "save the manual":)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Right, so when are we going to get that whole cult of Peter thing going?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tod, I'm going through her again- I have two weeks to get her perfect. There wasn't much movement on the price so I had better make it "perfect"! This is like the first time I have sold a car that I re-did so I'm a little concerned that if anything isn't right it's on me, or rather all over me!

Chris, the cult thing is already in the works! Ruby Ridge here I come. Or as they say in Texas, Keep Calm and "Carry"

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Drew, Looking at an 82 Euro M6 next :) It's a bit of a boat compared to the e9 but might be fun and it is unusual. I spent quite a bit of time last night removing interior trim to get the headliner out of the sold car- now I have to go back to work on it as this is kind of my premier sale although I don't think I will ever do this as a source of income. If I added up all my hours I could have worked at McDonald's and purchased a new Ferrari with cash.
Got your note re. John Glen- an amazing man.

Peter

Oneills- Ok, I'll have to get caught up with the new "English" My first Alt-Rights movement will be to promote inter-species marriage and then push for the appropriate restroom designations.

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Peter
Congrads on the sell! I spotted a Euro 6 on CL in Boise,Id for 1800.00 that might be interesting to have?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrat's on the sale, nice it's coming to the Nor'East. Hope we'll meet the new owner during the 2017 driving season.