FS-71 2800

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, after debating for a while I have decided to put "Hamleta" up for sale. She's a good girl and has been gone through pretty much from A-to-Z. I'm asking 50K due to the originality, condition, low miles and all the freggin' new parts I have put into her. Although I think she's pretty close to perfect I would encourage a PPI. The complete build can be viewed here from start to finish;
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/will-have-to-start-somewhere.17841/
and my video here;

I have a full shop with a lift where the car can be inspected, just a couple of little things with the car, the stock A/C compressor is shot and I have a good "stock" one but if someone wants the A/C upgraded I would have to ask for cost of system only, otherwise the stock A/C should be expected to work. The stock carbs need to be rebuilt. I have Webers on there now and they work fine, but I would have the Zeniths rebuilt if that were desired, the cost would be 1K +-

This is an original 4 speed car and I don't think there is one moving "maintenance" part that was not replaced. I could send specific pictures but most of them are on the thread.

I am attempting to purchase some land behind my ranch so I can start my own little branch dividian compound and this should help. Maybe I can send a PM to Janet Reno-

Thanks,

Peter

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will join your cult if it includes access to your stable of project BMW's!!!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With all that Peter has done to reclaim this coupe and its original condition ... this seems like a very reasonable price.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I feel really strange selling, or attempting to sell, on our site but before I list it somewhere else I figure anyone here could have a shot if interested. I have to go through all my records but I think I actually have close to 50K in parts in the car, from the bushings to the brakes, clutch, brake lines, guibo, refurbished driveshaft with new U-joint & CSB, crap, where did I find the time to do this? The front seats are completely re done, engine/trans/subframes (front & rear) removed, repainted, rebuilt, new shocks, struts, CN springs, tires, wheels, bearings, electrics, retro stereo..stop me!!! full original BMW exhaust, perfect dash and wood De Q's parking brake fix..... OK, I'm tired.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great movie!!!...though it really slowed down after the opening credits...

That is a great car, solid and straight. All the pieces are there. Nice work Peter.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, all I need is some super models and a few rockets and explosions then we could have a full length feature film- look out Hollywood!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter, What a clean and beautiful coupe, and it has the original shift knob and early ZF gearbox which is a delight to drive. Good luck.

Chris

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Peter -- good luck with the sale. On the cult, however, even assuming you are not forming your own religion, taking multiple underage wives, manufacturing machine guns or other weapons and/or operating a meth lab on the ranch, I would advise keeping things on the down low relative to Janet Reno.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter -- good luck with the sale. On the cult, however, even assuming you are not forming your own religion, taking multiple underage wives, manufacturing machine guns or other weapons and/or operating a meth lab on the ranch, I would advise keeping things on the down low relative to Janet Reno.
Say this aloud in a trilling voice: "Oh, oh, oh, soooooo beautiful. " Don't take a farthing less.

As for starting from scratch on a Branch Dividian compound, don't bother. I'm sure within 500 miles there is a White Supremicst/Neo-Nazi/Skinhead outpost that makes David Koresh's operation look like a schoolyard playground. "Hey guys, let's build a nuclear bomb we can pack in a Samsonite carry on."

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, I an NOT starting a cult!! I was only kidding (Janet) really. I'm a peaceful old man, some anger issues, but generally peaceful.

Writing the ad in a state of sleep deprivation was interesting, not until I paid and posted it did I notice that I only had one picture of the completed car! Most of the ads have these lovely looking cars and you have to hunt for the "truth photos", not sure what kind of folks I'll attract but hopefully someone good.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, ok, get this straight, it's not Hamletta (ham-let-a), it's Hamleta (ham-lee-ta) Ham-lee-ta does not sound like an omelet! :)

I'm starting to get some interest and I find myself almost crying when I think of parting with her. I'm going to put her on the trailer in a few days and take her to the track, not to beat on her but to gently test the suspension and see if there is anything that needs tightening. When we rebuild these things some times a nice shake-down is in order, just to be sure that things are safe; no matter how confident we may be in our work there is still nothing like a real world test.

If I may...my dad worked for the CIA in Tibet in the 50's and on one occasion was in a party that was to climb Everest. They packed up everything for the trek; Yaks, Sherpas, food, etc and hiked 1 full mile, then set up camp, cooked, cleaned... and sent the Sherpas back to get everything they forgot before they were 15 miles into the journey :)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, ok, get this straight, it's not Hamletta (ham-let-a), it's Hamleta (ham-lee-ta) Ham-lee-ta does not sound like an omelet! :)

I'm starting to get some interest and I find myself almost crying when I think of parting with her. I'm going to put her on the trailer in a few days and take her to the track, not to beat on her but to gently test the suspension and see if there is anything that needs tightening. When we rebuild these things some times a nice shake-down is in order, just to be sure that things are safe; no matter how confident we may be in our work there is still nothing like a real world test.

If I may...my dad worked for the CIA in Tibet in the 50's and on one occasion was in a party that was to climb Everest. They packed up everything for the trek; Yaks, Sherpas, food, etc and hiked 1 full mile, then set up camp, cooked, cleaned... and sent the Sherpas back to get everything they forgot before they were 15 miles into the journey :)
And?????

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
How the hell can you forget liquor and the girls?!?!? Typical example of careless government spending.

By the way, where's the hat?

jmackro

Reaction score
my dad worked for the CIA in Tibet in the 50's and on one occasion was in a party that was to climb Everest.

Ah, I've read about this. The CIA set up radio antennas on Everest (not at the summit) to monitor China. I guess they needed line of site access and this was before satellites. My memory is that wind & cold proved to be too severe an environment for that generation of electronics to survive. But, of course, that's what the CIA would say.

Last edited: