3.0 CSL Batmobile w/ M1 engine

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since I must be involved in every classified ad, I'll throw in my two cents. That's a hefty price tag for a 'customized' CSL with a bat kit on it. The VIN is: 2275208.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think to command such a price tag with an E9 is only a functionality of rarity in originality. Namely resto mods will only ever be worth amount x while original CSLs due to rarity will always fetch top dollar in my opinion. While the M1 motor is nice, that puts this car into a resto mod category for me and I would go so far to say that the Recaro branded trim on the doors, seats and with that non-original front seats for a CSL let the car down. This car has been for sale for quite some time though and likely for that reason. Namely, at that amount, who is going to see justification for the 230k price tag. You may as well buy a 3.0CS, an M6, some Recaros and do the build with the bits and easily have 130k left over. Each to their own of course.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
whoever thought that interior was a good idea needs to be shot.

I was sitting in my kitchen and the idea just came to me...

0299676862008.jpg

kitchen_small.jpg

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
A word of caution on anybody looking at either car, please do some serious due diligence of your own.

I was at LeMans Classic in 2016 (my favorite event) when the race car in the above livery raced in our class. At the same time that street car was for sale, yes that one above - who knows which is the right car, so I make no assertions good or bad about either, one has to presume one of these is "the car"

I was contacted about six months later and offered the race car, I refused for the reasons mentioned and then I heard it (race car) sold for serious money to Japan (just heard, I have no proof, so please take with pinch of salt).

But, and here is the big but, there is another race car with the same vin and /2 at the end of the number that surfaced a couple of years ago in Europe.

Please be careful out there people.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interior reminds me of the Op Art craze of the 70's or 80's. Those big paintings hurt my eyes. And this interior, only a little less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
A word of caution on anybody looking at either car, please do some serious due diligence of your own.

I was at LeMans Classic in 2016 (my favorite event) when the race car in the above livery raced in our class. At the same time that street car was for sale, yes that one above - who knows which is the right car, so I make no assertions good or bad about either, one has to presume one of these is "the car"

I was contacted about six months later and offered the race car, I refused for the reasons mentioned and then I heard it (race car) sold for serious money to Japan (just heard, I have no proof, so please take with pinch of salt).

But, and here is the big but, there is another race car with the same vin and /2 at the end of the number that surfaced a couple of years ago in Europe.

Please be careful out there people.

Would be interesting to know if the firewall chassis stamps have also been modified or removed on either car.
Very hard to counterfeit the chassis markings and make it look 100% legit. You would have to cut out the old one, weld in a new section and the new piece would need to be perfectly stamped with the same die lettering used by BMW in 1970's.
For a race car worth a $$$ hopefully the buyers did the forensic investigation. Also you would only pay big money if the car also came with many years of paperwork to verify VIN identity.