Dallas: 1974 BMW 3.0CS

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Brad, I'll be in Dallas in the 15th, I might need a new project :) if nothing else, if it has not sold by then I could take a look at it. I'll keep in touch.

Peter

BradIXXI

Reaction score
Hi Brad, I'll be in Dallas in the 15th, I might need a new project :) if nothing else, if it has not sold by then I could take a look at it. I'll keep in touch.

Peter
Good Morning Peter, We will be looking forward to seeing you on the 15th. I just want her to have a good home and not somewhere where she is going to rust away. She has given be so much joy and put so many smiles on my face at a time I really needed it, she deserves more than the neglect that I've given her over the past 11 years. She deserves to get back to her original glory but just there where she is not just a beauty queen but can still get on the road and have fun stretching her legs. That is where she and I had a blast between 85 and 100 down the North Dallas Tollway. She deserves to have fun again...

See you soon, and safe travels,

Brad

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm working with Brad to assess the car. I have a viewed allot of videos on the car and it has some good and bad points but I will definitely have to visit her in person. Brad, great talking with you yesterday. It took 12 hours to put in the headliner :-(

I will try to arrange a visit within a week. May bring my trailer :)

Peter

BradIXXI

Reaction score
I'm working with Brad to assess the car. I have a viewed allot of videos on the car and it has some good and bad points but I will definitely have to visit her in person. Brad, great talking with you yesterday. It took 12 hours to put in the headliner :-(

I will try to arrange a visit within a week. May bring my trailer :)

Peter
It was great speaking with you as well Peter. I feel your pain, the headliner has to be the most tedious and unforgiving projects on any vehicle. If only the slightest flaw, it's like a neon light and if it's perfect, they'll never notice it. Like I told you on the phone, you are welcome here anytime, morning noon, or night. Come on, and bring a trailer.....

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi all, I spoke to Brad and he sent me lots of videos as I could not get up there to visit personally. I am fortunate in that the Polaris coupe will be traveling to Boston this week which leaves me room in the warehouse... But, I don't want another e9- only because I have the Austin Champ, and a Baur Targa, and the M90 rebuild, and the little e21 I.S. that needs lots of little things, so if there is anyone looking for a project let me know and I'll see what I can do to get up there with Brad. From what I could see it looked pretty solid and would likely make a good candidate for a complete rebuild- semi resto-mod, meaning it's a big bumper coupe and most of the stuff would need rebuilding or replacing. The interior is very well deteriorated and it has some exterior damage from hail. Pluses are a seemingly solid body and all the parts seem to be there.

BradIXXI

Reaction score
Bottom line, the car is still for sale. While working out a fare price I would say, after talking with him extensively, I would feel comfortable with Peter setting a price of what he believes the car is worth. We can always negotiate from there, I just want to be fare (both sides).

BradIXXI

Reaction score
Bottom line, the car is still for sale. While working out a fare price I would say, after talking with him extensively, I would feel comfortable with Peter setting a price of what he believes the car is worth. We can always negotiate from there, I just want to be fare (both sides).
This car is still for sale.....

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hang in there Brad- I think that's a good price- maybe a little wiggle room, but not much- I wish I could get up there but issues that no one wants to hear about prevent me right now- someone should go up (or down) and have a look!!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lotsa pics, but you definitely need under carriage pictures.

Rust on that fender and spare tire well is a bit worrisome.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Lotsa pics, but you definitely need under carriage pictures.

Rust on that fender and spare tire well is a bit worrisome.

Ha.. if thats worrisome to someone at 15k asking, then they have no business shopping for an e9