BMW CCA OKTOBERFEST Oct 31 - Nov 4th 2017

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How about a plantaton tour/lunch drive Tuesday morning from say 8am-1pm? I am not doing anything convention-wise so let me know if you are interested. Then clean cars afterward at my house. I have the tour route the Gullwing Group did for their convention which I will tweak. Again, let me know here or by PM.

The main stop, spectacular Oak Alley:

http://www.oakalleyplantation.com/sugarcane-plantation/plantation-tours

gallery-121.jpg

Dohn

Reaction score
Tuesday is Halloween, so I don't know what effect that would have on getting reservations. The social package has a dinner every night, but I'll go with whatever night you choose. It will be great to get together!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will lead a driving tour on Tuesday leaving the Hyatt at approximately 8am for Oak Alley (along with other sights along the way). It will take about an hour and 15 min to get there up winding river roads and sugar cane fields. Stroll the grounds, take the tour, eat a late breakfast or early lunch at the nice restaurant there and then return by 1pm. Then anyone is welcome to clean their car at my house. Chris of course you and Shawn can ride with me if you'd like, I will be solo as my wife will be working.

Just let me know if you want to join. So far I have:

Andrew W.
Dohn ??
Jim (Saltydawg)

Unfortunately the restaurant in Audubon Park is closed for dinner so not sure about that yet.

saltydawg

Veteran Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Today's hero: Stevehose

Below is a conversation between Stevehose and me late yesterday:

Jim:
Steve,
My O'fest trip Monday is in jeopardy. My alternator went out (what timing)! I've been to two repair shops and it can't be rebuilt. I can't find one in stock anywhere much less delivered in time. I'm on my way home to check online. Do you know of any place in your neck of the woods?

Steve:
I have one.

Jim:
Really! I should have known.

Steve:
I will dig it out tonight.
Are you still using external regulator.

Jim:
Yes, external.

Steve:
Ok let me look and will get back to you. I either have my original that still worked that is external or a newer one that is internal but that is no prob just dont plug in the regulator.
Or i may have both.

Jim:
Let me know if you have it and I'll come see you in the morning.

Steve:
(Photo of alternator)

Here it is. I made a wire so you can connect it to the D+ tab on your regulator harness so your dash light works

Jim:
So this one has internal regulator? I hate to take your spare. Let me know what you want for a replacement and I'll have it shipped to you. Unless you just want this one back.

Steve:
It is internally regulated but not a problem to install. Keep it until you get a replacement, mine is new and am not going anywhere soon.

Epilogue:

I live 70 miles north of Steve in Mississippi. This morning, I drove down to Steve's in NOLA. He had the alternator waiting. Back home and installed by noon. The glowing red "L" has gone dark...all is well. My O'fest jaunt is back on. Looking forward to Steve's driving tour up river road on Tuesday and the concours on Wednesday. Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks Steve!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, but I stole the polished expansion tank idea from you, so we're even! See you Tues.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like we have 5-6 cars for our jaunt upriver tomorrow. Leaving the Hyatt at 8am. If I haven't heard from you and would like to join us please let me know so we don't leave without you.

Colors include:

Polaris
Ceylon
Fjord (2)
Verona
Schwartz

See you all tomorrow, weather looks great!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey! How are the losers who couldn't make it going to vicariously enjoy this event if all'ya'all don't torture use with scores of beautiful pictures?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

There were only nine judged cars in the whole show and maybe 50 display cars, they let anyone in the parking lot enter with the display cars to fill the field. Six of the cars were the only ones in their category, all first place winners. Dohn took second in Classic Clean and Ben Miller took first in his 72 Bav, drove all the way from Pomona too. I didn’t think to shoot any pics but I was parking cars and judging too. :(