Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
our first regularity in 2014 "Tulip Rally"
dag1 005.JPG

and already completely lost...:D

dag1 013.JPG

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
some stress on very narrow roads.... we had to go back , we had missed a check point. Pic was taken by a marshall , we should have come and stopped from the left side :D
BWC5.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
here we had to return as we had no exact distance ( copilot did not correctly tim the tripmaster at zero). We had to take a right turn at 1.85 km but there were 3 possible streets on the right side to take in not 100 meters apart.... That was just after the start of a special ... so the pics from the organisation. :oops:
It's fun but one must always be alert, those roadbooks are full of tricks....

MC1.jpg

MC2.jpg

MC3.jpg

MC4.jpg

MC5.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
on 17 februari we do again the " Ronde door Vlaanderen" rally , last year there was still some snow ...it was a long one, +500 km in 1 day .... all small roads , also gravel. To drive it is nice but for the copilot it is alot reading and fatigue...

rdv52017.jpg

rdv32017.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
That front spoiler didn't last a year ... i had to cut it up to half the air inlets , i was tired of repairing it :)
As you can see we were experimenting with LED lights... but are now more and more forbidden by organisations.
And it's not ideal... they are indeed amazingly bright but once after a special stage , driving your OEM headlights is as using candles... you see nothing , difference is to big for the eyes ....old eyes in my case :(
Advantage of LED is also the alignment doesn't matter that much .... there's light all over the place .

so... back to the old school Hella's... and alot nicer !

Hella 004.JPG

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
"Routes de Vosges" in France... nice scenery ! Drove it 3 times with my wife as copilot ( in a easyer class "amateurs", not "experts" which is to difficult navigation ) . Sadly she get's sometimes a bit sick of reading rodbook in a fast turning car... as many people do .

RDV20171.JPG
RDV20172.JPG
RDV20173.JPG
RDV20174.JPG
RDV20175.JPG
RDV20176.JPG

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
some stress on very narrow roads.... we had to go back , we had missed a check point. Pic was taken by a marshall , we should have come and stopped from the left side :D
View attachment 39175

wow that marshall takes good pics !!
did he put you a fine ?
love nice scenery and how you drive the car without thinking a lot about consequences
p.s. those rims :=O

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
No fine deQuincey , you may return . Ofcourse the time you loose that way is difficult to recuperate... at the finish you pay for it :eek: That was a small road , so we had to drive a km untill we could make a U turn. Ofcourse the sequence of the stamps matters... so if you get a stamp it's no use to return for the previous if you missed that one. Missing a stamp has more penalty than being a few minutes to late.
All my rims are Schnitzer 8.5 " x 17" ET13 , tires 245/40 ( needed a little bit of fender work )
The grey ones have wintertires Michelin Alpine
The black ones Kumho "semi" slicks
Suspension was custom made by Intrax , all coilovers. en.intraxracing.nl/merken/bmw/e9-cs/1k2-arc/

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Routes de Vosges" in France... nice scenery ! Drove it 3 times with my wife as copilot ( in a easyer class "amateurs", not "experts" which is to difficult navigation ) . Sadly she get's sometimes a bit sick of reading rodbook in a fast turning car... as many people do .

Shame on you for terrorizing the local jogging path :D

rdv20176-jpg.39193

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
simply wonderful pictures and stories. please post more! Love all of it

Ed

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry,
For many of us, if we jacked the weight of half of our coupes up from that point, the jack would be in the back seat. Your car must be so solid! Now please clean off that mud - ha ha. :D