Another BAT 1974 Best Guess on Hammer Price?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
overall, this comes across as a very original car - the bumper accordian pieces on all sides are in good shape which is rare enough. the rear wheel arch covers in the trunk are in excellent shape and as anybody with a '74 knows, that is very rare ... buying replacements is unobtanium. beautiful a/c panel. the inner surfaces of the firewall from within the gloveboxes are both in great shape. gotta love that an original michelin xvs spare is still in place

so, the black in the spare tire scares me, not as much as the black sludge coverup on the strut tower tops / inner panels under the hood. the rocker cover in a couple of plces tell a scary story of something lurking underneath. very curious about the A pillars and firewall / floors. missing a bunch of tools, and most that are there are rusty. the previous BHCC history scares the crap out of me.

i think this is potentially a better car than the fjord that just sold for 39.5k ... IF there isn't something really scary that is found in discovery. would be surprised if this one crosses 40k ... up to 43k.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seller indicated that the reserve is much lower than $45k, so if your numbers are right @rsporsche, this car will sell. Where precisely should I check for damage behind my glove box and fuse?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
take a look at these

0af2886984390a28dabc2815d82fe748.jpg

f718543df782b1b4142d6030a66f0f5c.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott a couple of things happen. the first is leaking windshield gasket due to cracked rubber. the second is blocked drains under the hood grilles which traps water and it leaks at the firewall + rusts the inner surface. if this is bad enough you get rusty floors.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott a couple of things happen. the first is leaking windshield gasket due to cracked rubber. the second is blocked drains under the hood grilles which traps water and it leaks at the firewall + rusts the inner surface. if this is bad enough you get rusty floors.

Going to be taking pictures of these areas of my vehicle shortly and will post on the other thread. Thank you for this advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Recent discussions have criticized a portion of our e9 culture in that we seem to degrade the value of our own cars. BaT auctions have been the stage of some recent examples of this activity (right, wrong or otherwise). That said, I don't know that there have been any sour words for this '74 - only some soft praise for its color and originality. Yet it sits at $12,250 just 2 days before the auction close. Wondering if interest will ramp up as it gets closer...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would think that the description is incorrect, and that this car is wearing Jade Green, or Jadegrun, paint code 078 - which is a standard, non-metallic color.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a relay under the fusebox?

It'll probably go to $30k. More solid than the $39.5k CSi that recently sold, but not as desirable (color, bumpers, EFI 200hp engine, etc.).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so, Stephen, are you suggesting that if we tear the jadegrun coupe apart ... that it might sell for a higher number? just kidding ...
i think the fjord was at 12.5k and a bid went in to take it to 15.5k ... and it sat there for a few days and 2 hours or so before the auction end, it doubled in price

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so, Stephen, are you suggesting that if we tear the jadegrun coupe apart ... that it might sell for a higher number? just kidding ...
i think the fjord was at 12.5k and a bid went in to take it to 15.5k ... and it sat there for a few days and 2 hours or so before the auction end, it doubled in price
Ha ha, well that's not exactly the message I'd intended. As for the Fjord car, I guess I have a short memory and forgot how the bidders were not showing their hand until the end. That's how I roll. :D

I don't know - even though I am primarily a black car kind of guy, I do like the early, non-metallic colors. So I am feeling this one. I'll be watching this one 'til the end (and all of the two minute extensions...).

floridabmx

Reaction score
lovely unrestored car. hope it brings good money and i also hope it does not get restored. im a sucker for original paint and leather wrinkles.