74 black / tan 3.0cs on ebay

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
plate on driver side door jam will have color code "kunstharzlack"

IMG-20110201-00027.jpg

email VIN to [email protected] and they will tell you month/year of build and color.

or post the code and someone here will tell you the color.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase. As for the big bumpers, you will quickly find you don't even notice them when you look at the car.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just curious if emissions etc were added in 74

Just curious if emissions etc were added in 74
I know the bumpers got bigger in 74 but wonder if anything else major was changed in 74 too, eg emissions etc

I believe the 1974 2002 had a whole bunch of changes and wondering if 3.0s were similarly affected. I hope not

Scott

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Smog emmission devices were the worst in 1974

If Idaho doesn't have the onerous smog rules for older cars get rid of all the stuff that handicaps your model.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Play the old rust story once again Sam, its pretty obvious how they paint and then the bubbles come through (see attachments). And I always get a kick how they shoot the photos around the bottom section of these coupes.
Reflecting back on this thread. Seems like the rust shown here didn't get that much worse in 7 years....

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, i forgot that i had posted this being on ebay. for 22.5k or less, you got a great buy. keep making it better as its worth a whole lot more than you paid for it.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, i forgot that i had posted this being on ebay. for 22.5k or less, you got a great buy. keep making it better as its worth a whole lot more than you paid for it.
Scott, I have to disagree with my good buddy Bill in" Stockton NJ". You will notice the big bumpers. You will rationalize their presence but only until you can swap them for the delicate, meant to be there since creation, chrome lovelies. BTW, Bill and I found a '75 CSi parts car and took what we needed and sold the rest. Bill took the injection, his coupe was carbed, and the chrome bumpers.

Now, from what I have read Scott, you are already planning to go chrome. The ONLY way.

It took a while for me to persuade him to make the switch. But he did. And he did the injection swap. Bill can do anything. And he does it right!

Steve

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, I have to disagree with my good buddy Bill in" Stockton NJ". You will notice the big bumpers. You will rationalize their presence but only until you can swap them for the delicate, meant to be there since creation, chrome lovelies. BTW, Bill and I found a '75 CSi parts car and took what we needed and sold the rest. Bill took the injection, his coupe was carbed, and the chrome bumpers.

Now, from what I have read Scott, you are already planning to go chrome. The ONLY way.

It took a while for me to persuade him to make the switch. But he did. And he did the injection swap. Bill can do anything. And he does it right!

Steve

Chrome bumpers being added now along with the repaint and addressing some rust. How difficult is it to change to injection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Worth it on the right car.

How do I know if I have the right car? I think I need to address the rust issues before investing any more in my engine. In a perfect world I’d like to get BMW M6 Engine or something comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmason

Reaction score
This is everyone question when you find rust. Is that right one ? Only if you can do the work yourself and your wife's checkbook has checks in it :) for my case anyway.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its a good question Scott. i would only do it if i needed or wanted to change engines. my coupe came with a b34 with injection. not the greatest engine. so i had SFDon build me a euro b34 - high compression 3.5 w/ a good cam. not yet installed but we will do that later this year (hopefully this spring), as soon as my car gets out of the paintshop. originally was going to go with motronic 1.3, but i think Don has talked me into megasquirt. so the basics are already there ... now we put all the other stuff in and make it a rocket w/ 240+ hp