1970 e9 on bring a trailer

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
$45k and I hope i'm way off. I personally love the car but think the 2800 aspect will hurt the value in this case slightly. When investing in a car at this level, the model specifics start to come into play. If purchasing as a driver it's not as much of an issue IMHO. While I feel like I'm throwing stones in a glass house with this comment (considering what my cars look like at the moment) it does seems a bit crazy to go through a repaint of this quality and not pull the side markers or fill the auto emblem holes. Again, so minor as the car is excellent but it's those little things that can sometimes make the difference.

Knowing what the seller was looking for off-market, I would think reserve has to start in the mid-high 50's. I do not think this sells in the 40's. He's into it for around $60k

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
What are the three round screws it looks like under the 2800cs emblem and above the passenger tail light?

Attachments

• 1520741963d565ef66e7dff9fP1090831_zpsz2ulkwij.jpg
    1520741963d565ef66e7dff9fP1090831_zpsz2ulkwij.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 145

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
seems 3 rivets sealing holes that were there for something... inside there's nothing to fasten at that place.

problem already solved above :)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
No 2800 love? I mean, c'mon, what's the diff? Rear brakes and 10hp less engine?

But that has all been remedied and then some.

I predict, the way BAT has gone...$65k. This sucker is just way way clean. Cleaner than 95% of E9s out there.

Only nits:

- dash pad hood...should have had a JUst Dashes redo than a stitch cover
- dash grab rail...still shows remnants of the automatic shift indicator was there. ALso has cracks.
- need more detailed pics of the rockers. Maybe remove the covers
- side markers still left on it (*sigh*)
- no A/C
- orignally Tundra. Still on the fence if non-original paint color detracts some from the value
- wood is getting a little tired.

I think a factory four-speed may be 3-5% higher than a factory CSA automatic car, even w/the switch to a 265 5-gear.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think somebody touched on the holes but might not have made sense to everybody. early 2800cs had a different automatic badge that was placed on the rear panel below the 2800cs and thats why the holes are there. later cars placed the badge on the left side of the trunk lid.

perfect Markos just posted a pic while i was writing this

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i think somebody touched on the holes but might not have made sense to everybody. early 2800cs had a different automatic badge that was placed on the rear panel below the 2800cs and thats why the holes are there. later cars placed the badge on the left side of the trunk lid.

perfect Markos just posted a pic while i was writing this

Can't take credit for that one...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hard to tell where this coupe will end up but I think it’s nicer than the the 73 3.0CS which sold in November and I know both very well. It last sold for $55K and the current owner has supposedly spent $6K on it. The seats appear to be recovered as last I saw it had the original pigskin leather and the new leather doesn’t match. It also had paint wrinkling issues above the belt trim, the repaint was done some time ago. Mike and I looked at Ed’s coupe to advise his son on its value and we recommended $55K, he was insulted as he felt it was worth $75K. The Autokennel post on BaT has a little more history on this coupe.

(And the stock M30b28 did not have 10 less HP in the US, the 2.8 was 9.0:1 and the US 3.0 was only 8.0:1 while the ROW 3.0 motor was 9.0:1. The 2.8 is also in my mind a sweeter revving and smoother motor than the 3.0.)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank-you both @Markos and @rsporsche elaborating on and clarifying my point. You would think they would address those during a refinish...

Honestly I like this car so much that I thought you were being picky, but after seeing the pics I tend to agree. It's not like anyone is going back to an auto. It could have just been an oversight by the shop.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what size those fog lights might be? And maybe even the specific model?

1520741958dff9f98764daP1090847_zpsggcrsho8.jpg

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Having sold a Malaga Coupe with a 3.5L M30B34 Euro Engine and MegaSquirt injection last year with an interior that needed help I think on BaT this one will go for high $70s. BaT is selling a significant number of cars versus the ones that don't make reserve. Unusual and well sorted vehicles are attracting numerous bidders and there have been several duels that include up to 4 bidders. I think this is the perfect site to sell a Coupe.

Regards, Jon

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Any one know why a changeover relay would be next to the alternator regulator/brake reservoir?

152074193895d565ef66e7dP1090892_zpsn8qtsm8k.jpg

Also, why would one not use the B35 distributor? Is that pre-B35 head on there???

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any one know why a changeover relay would be next to the alternator regulator/brake reservoir?

152074193895d565ef66e7dP1090892_zpsn8qtsm8k.jpg

Also, why would one not use the B35 distributor? Is that pre-B35 head on there???

That appears to be a Bosch 0 332 003 014 relay.
Not a motronic setup.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
when i looked at the picture earlier, i was thinking that it looked like an L-jet and was guessing that i was mistaken since i thought e32's came with a b35 engine ... and didn't think anybody would change that.