FS: 71 2800CS Houston "Fully Upgraded" :-)

jamesw

Reaction score
Woohoo! OK - I have 7 valiums lined up to help me get through this week's comments ;-)

All joking aside - thanks for the advice folks.

Cheers
James

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Given the comment climate on some of these auctions, you may need them. :D But the car looks great, and represents well. GLWA. I think we'll all be watching closely.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see the usual jock-sniffers are warning about doom and gloom and small details, you'll get the last laugh, good luck James.

Woohoo! OK - I have 7 valiums lined up to help me get through this week's comments ;-)

All joking aside - thanks for the advice folks.

Cheers
James

Bwana

Reaction score
Yep, the know-it-all trolls are already out. James, I forget, seems like John had the fenders removed and cleaned up, yes? Do you have any pictures for the nay sayers? Did Matt King do the paint or somebody else?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Would be worthwhile or valuable for one of us to jump in the conversation more aggressively to support value and educate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesw

Reaction score
Guys, I would recommend against arguing with people on BAT. The best way to approach the comments section on there is to provide accurate information and let the people decide on their own.

Thanks for the support! I have a thick skin and don't really worry about the comments and I answer direct questions when people ask on there.

Jeff: I got a USB stick from John Hein's wife showing photos from CDT restorations. They did a good job on the work but they did not completely cut the fenders off. I posted a lot of the photos in my smugmug gallery.

Cheers
James

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Guys, I would recommend against arguing with people on BAT. The best way to approach the comments section on there is to provide accurate information and let the people decide on their own.

Thanks for the support! I have a thick skin and don't really worry about the comments and I answer direct questions when people ask on there.

Jeff: I got a USB stick from John Hein's wife showing photos from CDT restorations. They did a good job on the work but they did not completely cut the fenders off. I posted a lot of the photos in my smugmug gallery.

Cheers
James
James, I am writing on a 3x5 card what I estimate your beautiful coupe will hammer at. $28k with five days to go. Impressive.

Steve

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I predict $37k, honestly have no idea. Seems that if it just got a paint job with a new color done properly for 10+ thousand dollars it would be a $60,000 car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am shocked, and a little bit emotionally concerned that the auction is currently stalled at $34k. I personally think the car is worth much more. Of course, I know that the BaT auctions often generate a lot of activity right at the end. James, I think I may need one of those Valiums. :D

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's like a Kentucky Derby race. The last 10 or 15 seconds are really what count.

I am still confident in my silent "bid" well over the current $45k.
Now at $49.5 and heading for a strong finish at the wire with Seven Minutes to fly.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
congrats James ... i was hoping it would bring more as its truly a nice coupe. still a very strong showing for a 2800cs

jamesw

Reaction score
Thanks for the emotional support everyone. The buyer is a past 2800CS owner who has been kicking himself for years for selling his. So he is pretty excited to be getting one again. He is in California but that's all I will say - and of course I'll direct him here for great help and advice.

I felt like the people on BAT were pretty hard on my car - repeatedly calling it a "driver quality" car etc. Which probably didn't help - but in the end people who are going to buy an E9 usually know what they are doing and getting themselves into. :) I am happy with the process so far.

Cheers
James

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well...there's a big vast chasm for interpretation of "driver quality".

Could be a #3, could be a #2. If the underside was all detailed (including exhaust buttoned up), it'd be a #2.

But hell, for a #3 car to go for $50k = valuable car nonetheless.