Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Classic 80’s Alpine cassette player

6ECF1458-3900-47AD-A41F-4F99A3C3F907.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think most of y’all have seen these... I’m hoping to put them in the 2000CS. I’m not sure the shortwave will fit in the space; we’ll see.

Ed

Ed that is one handsome radio!

I stumbled across a Blaupunkt Karlsruhe from 1975. It must have been ahead of its time because that blue grid just screams 80's to me. I really want it but it would serve me no purpose. Would look fantastic in a blue e21!

IMG_2866.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Doug,

On your face plate it looks like you have a rubber piece between it and shift platform, is that correct? That would be an e3 piece, I’ve never seen one on an e9.

Chris -- I had one of those in my car as well -- A 72 US spec auto with a/c. Its actually a piece of wood that looks like a piece of 1/2 x 1/2 cove molding covered with vinyl.

Simufly

Reaction score
I don't really understand why manufacturers had short wave in car radios. Even in the 70s short was wave very passé. The circuitry required stopped the expansion quality reception of the fm signal. Mind you the quality of the broadcast signal (in the UK anyway) was always a bit iffy. Dont start me on signal compression.