Nice 74

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Called them - no asking price yet. Testing the market on eBay.

It's in CA - I would assume there are more knowledgeable local options (sfdon??) to have the bumper work done before shipping it home. With all due respect to Bennyz - their e9 adventure highlights the value in having someone knowledgeable do the work.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Called them - no asking price yet. Testing the market on eBay.

It's in CA - I would assume there are more knowledgeable local options (sfdon??) to have the bumper work done before shipping it home. With all due respect to Bennyz - their e9 adventure highlights the value in having someone knowledgeable do the work.
hard to disagree.....although honestly, I don't think they ever even looked at a single schematic to identify needed parts, etc. Ultimately, turned out nice but it was painful and time consuming.

restart

Reaction score
The tar pads look original with gold patina from the clear coat but I’ve never seen this tiny pattern, do any other 74s have this?

Chris, Pretty sure I saw that pattern yesterday on one of my 1970 2800s. It kind of surprised me that’s why I remember.

I am getting the car delivered in the next couple,of days and I will post “pics to prove’

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think it just sold for $60 k!
Not showing any close photos of the hidden rust spots, and being a 74 (ugly bumpers) I am curious if there is more indication of market surging ....

scottd

Reaction score
There is nothing shown on eBay. Was listing removed?

Scott

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Look at my link.

Ebay changed stuff where old auctions from the old link doesn't directly give you that auction. But it does show a link to the old auction.

restart

Reaction score
Welln:(......I must have seen that pattern some where else. My 2800s have no tar pads.

H_TitleDesc=1

The tar pads look original with gold patina from the clear coat but I’ve never seen this tiny pattern, do any other 74s have this?

Chris, Pretty sure I saw that pattern yesterday on one of my 1970 2800s. It kind of surprised me that’s why I remember.

I am getting the car delivered in the next couple,of days and I will post “pics to prove’

Last edited:

Bravo

Reaction score
After watching the slideshow and losing count of how many things are wrong or missing with this car I am stunned that it sold for $59,900.00.
What is my car worth!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't this the seller that has been lambasted on this forum multiple times for his scam auctions, false feedback and frankenstein E9's

Dohn

Reaction score
In viewing the bid history Rob posted it appears someone was bidding against themselves to run up the price. The bids got to $37,000, then suddenly someone bid the buy-it-now price of $59.999? Highly suspect...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
In viewing the bid history Rob posted it appears someone was bidding against themselves to run up the price. The bids got to $37,000, then suddenly someone bid the buy-it-now price of $59.999? Highly suspect...

IT's possible m***s(206) might have saw it in person and thought it was worth $60k and just decided to snag it before someone else does.

I've sold quite a few cars on ebay and I prefer a BIN price, plus a way to "Offer" a price. That way I don't deal w/BS bids.

scottd

Reaction score
So I did click on your link; however, it shows just a small image of the car, and a link, which I also clicked on. It reveals "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." So, it doesn't appear to work?

If this is the same Dusty that sells a fair amount of early Porsches, they got somewhat flamed on the early911s registry as well.

Scott