Inka

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

Inti did a number on this Inka coupe! It is the most rust and bondo free shell I have probably ever seen but it needs everything. I had to pass, he wanted $12K for a coupe that you could easily drop $40 or 50K on to make it perfect. Leather shot along with seat pads, drooping headliner, fried window seals, hood paint almost gone, 20 year old tires, older repaint, etc. It was originally sold at Weber Motors in Fresno, has records from 1979 when it was resold at Weber with 54K miles. Driven until 1997 at 105K miles with head work done, auto rebuilt, some brake work but it sat for 15 years with only 5K miles, total 110K miles. Still had 73 head and all smog equipment hooked up. All suspension bushings shot, dragging brakes, minor bump above kidney grille, engine doesn't have patina, it just looks corroded and dirty. Oh well, only four hours one way and was 90 degrees but a super nice owner, we spent 2 1/2 hours with him. It wasn't meant to be and my wife has breathed a big sigh of relief, me as well. It will probably go to the Netherlands where he has sold several Porsches to a buyer he knows. VIN 2250562, April 73 build.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well Chris,

it was worth a shot ... but sounds like a real project. keep enjoying your beautiful malaga. restore the MB and go for a ride on the bike.

scott

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

... Leather shot along with seat pads, drooping headliner, fried window seals, hood paint almost gone, 20 year old tires, older repaint, etc. ...All suspension bushings shot, dragging brakes, minor bump above kidney grille, engine doesn't have patina, it just looks corroded and dirty...

Paraphrasing Ali G, is there any negatives?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQIf6Q6pCQw

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kinda glad the inka was shot.
Would hate to see that beautiful Malaga leave your garage.

With your attention to detail, I look forward to your Benz restoration!
Post some "before" pictures on the Off Topic page.

lloyd

Reaction score
factory picture:

Factory.jpg

Stumbled onto this period photo of Bristol-based dealer, Dick Lovett, and a couple of right hand drive friends.

Did the factory clear coat some cars, e.g., metallics? Did this E9 have a wing-equipped wiper arm?

Dick-with-BMW.jpg
http://www.dicklovett.co.uk/cm/history/Dick-with-BMW.jpg

E9Eric

Reaction score
An Inka 3.0 CS is really rare, only 11 pcs E9 3.0 CSI's were officialy supplied from the factory in Inka on request of the buyer. Not many of them survived.

A lot were later repainted in Inka. But an Original one is really rare...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
An Inka 3.0 CS is really rare, only 11 pcs E9 3.0 CSI's were officialy supplied from the factory in Inka on request of the buyer. Not many of them survived.

A lot were later repainted in Inka. But an Original one is really rare...

Who provided the data on only 9 CSi in Inka? The BMW Archive claims they don’t have any documentation.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@HB Chris,

You strike me as more of a Malaga kind of guy than Inka. After driving the Colorado CSL and likely garnering plenty of attention on the road. What are your current thoughts on an orange car vs a very classy and timeless Malaga? Colorado is currently on the top of my list. I recently visited someone with a Colorado tii and it only reinforced my lust for the color. I kind of fell out of Inka, but I've never seen an Inka CS in the flesh. For as many beautiful coupes there are in the Seattle area, none of them seem to be of the wild color palette. There is a gentleman and forum member whom you know that has a Golf and a Taiga, but no orange (anymore).

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I made an offer on the Inka coupe as it is so rare in the US but I prefer Colorado, such a soft and creamy orange. My favorites are the darker non-metallic colors such as Malaga (of course!), Agave, Atlantik, Colorado and in the metallic, Tundra, Baikal, Turkis and Ceylon (another fave).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i like all of the colors you have noted Chris ... i think i would get tired of Colorado though. back in the day, the oxidized versions of some of the colors on 2002's are what my memory is based on - colorado, agave seemed so dead with faded paint. my first 2002 was malaga - stolen in NOLA 3 weeks after i got it + never found. my ultimate favorites are ceylon, baikal + turkis. then atlantik, riviera, inka, malaga + agave.

EJ333

Reaction score
I like almost all colors, but Sahara just doesn’t work for me. BTW, we called them Orange Creamsicles or 50/50 bars.
And don’t get me started on Schwinn Orange Crates ... couldn’t afford one, so settled on a Schwinn Stingray with a Bananna seat ( that’s a style, not a color). LOL

EJ333

Reaction score
Correction... It’s Orange Krate with a K.
Yikes, just checked eBay. “ Cherry” Orange Krate going for $4,000 USD