Bennyz Rod Shop Restoration

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kinda like an episode of Bitchin Rides.
There will be a lot of parts that many would want.
Might as well delete the front turn signal too and make them LED between the headlamps...
Why don't we French out the rear tail lights, too. The original chrome lenses will find a good home. :D

restart

Reaction score
You can get off anytime you’d like… In fact, I invite you to do so if you’re not enjoying the ride. That’s the beauty of it all. Just be respectful this time round.

If you don’t want to come along for the ride, just don’t click :)
True dat! Scottevest, After all the support. And interest You recvd on your initial Benny thread it still surprises me how,you were and are beat down.

Pretty sure you, Benny and I are better friends and generally better off in part, for due to my knee jerk instinctive intervention.
I haven’t had a chance to today’s flurry but I will....
I was just thinking last night how I missed ben and Gary, and how unjust that whole scenario was.
That’s just my thoughts,

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Three round tail lights on each side like a '63 Corvette!
Maybe the hidden headlights out of an old Camaro SS or Riviera?
I actually love both of those details. Still wouldn't inflict them on a coupe, but very cool. :cool:

Rek

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 19.53.53.png

Each to his own. I wouldn't mind the name of this guys tailor too, and hairdresser too for that matter.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that's the back of the car! :D
Scott, I will respectfully decline your suggestion I jump the Good Ship Lollipop. I posted virtually nothing about your first go around, expressing my opinions privately to a small group of like-minded members. I suspect others did the same for the purpose of keeping the discourse as civil as possible.

Your becoming defensive about my light-hearted post, borrowed from the great Bette Davis, that this go around was going to be yet another bumpy ride suggests to me you still don't get it.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, I will respectfully decline your suggestion I jump the Good Ship Lollipop. I posted virtually nothing about your first go around, expressing my opinions privately to a small group of like-minded members. I suspect others did the same for the purpose of keeping the discourse as civil as possible.

Your becoming defensive about my light-hearted post, borrowed from the great Bette Davis, that this go around was going to be yet another bumpy ride suggests to me you still don't get it.

Steve
Rob, Seriously? Really? Well, since you started it, how about turn signals where the side grills used to be. Or in the mirrors. Or little arms that swing in and out of the now pristine B pillar like those post-war British cars? Or....?

When I was drag racing on the public highways and local drag strips, we would replace the stock grill in our '56 '57 Chevys with a '54 Corvette grill. The height of cool. And strip the chrome off, and the hood and trunk emblems, and roll and pleat the interior, and paint them candy apple red, And you get my point.

But it was what we did!! Approval ratings - unanimous +++. We envied each others mods. And tens of thousands of other juvenile delinquents were doing the same thing county wide.

But there are only a couple thousand Coupes left. No one should be tarting them up to pimp a ride. As we all feel compelled to say, IMHO.

Steve

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The Roundels can easily be put back on (maybe not the drain gap), but I'm more horrified about this new center console they're going to build. I see that all the time on hot rods and it always looks so cheap.

Gotta keep the hood/fender louvres. Just 3d-laser scan them and build them out of CNC aluminum if they don't like plastic.

Wonder if they'll keep the side trim; hope so.

Going to be interesting.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rob, Seriously? Really? Well, since you started it, how about turn signals where the side grills used to be. Or in the mirrors. Or little arms that swing in and out of the now pristine B pillar like those post-war British cars? Or....?

They make headlights w/built-in turn signals:

7-inch-White-Diamond-Multi-Color-Headlight-with-Turn-Signal.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not sure why they "gotta do a rotisserie." Definitely makes it easier to work on the bottom of a car, and detail the heck out of it, but adds a bit more labor in building frames to attach to the body for one.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure why they "gotta do a rotisserie."
Agree. There are plenty of members here replacing the complete rockers without a rotisserie. A simple stand on wheels would suffice. I would go further and suggest that if they try to attach a rotisserie in a conventional manner (front and rear connections only), they will exacerbate their situation immeasurably. But it's okay. Benny's guys know what they are doing. You heard him say he had done one before, "but not this far..."