Bennyz Rod Shop Restoration

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure how from the front, someone will see those turn signals.
They won't. And I thought on modern cars the turn signals have to be visible front and side? Correct? The Mercury Cougar in the mid-60s had staccato turn signals. How neat would that look on the back of a coupe!! Four on each side, each a different color. What fun.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Like the old T Bird! And how about a "power dome" un the center of the hood!
I need to get my pencils out and do a Chop Foose drawing
They won't. And I thought on modern cars the turn signals have to be visible front and side? Correct? The Mercury Cougar in the mid-60s had staccato turn signals. How neat would that look on the back of a coupe!! Four on each side, each a different color. What fun.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
14EC93FE-662D-4E66-9BCC-490F3FDBEC73.jpeg
8DE98A91-37AE-44A1-A98D-8D54627D3EF6.jpeg
Like the old T Bird! And how about a "power dome" un the center of the hood!

Like this..... i was quite shocked to see this since it’s on an actual car! The car has triple Weber’s and this is the air box. Surely gets clean cold air, but at quite a cost.

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Original picture:
111.jpg

Fuel door, C-emblem, fender grill and turn signal delete:
mod1.jpg

Original picture:
112.jpg

Front emblem, turn signal, fender grille and rearview mirror delete:
mod2.jpg

And a very quick hidden headlights photoshop just for you Stan;)
mod3.jpg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, I will respectfully decline your suggestion I jump the Good Ship Lollipop. I posted virtually nothing about your first go around, expressing my opinions privately to a small group of like-minded members. I suspect others did the same for the purpose of keeping the discourse as civil as possible.

Your becoming defensive about my light-hearted post, borrowed from the great Bette Davis, that this go around was going to be yet another bumpy ride suggests to me you still don't get it.

Steve

My most sincere apologies. I was not keeping track of who were the assholes and who were the nice guys. I do appreciate the fact that I created a lot of interest and conversations behind my back nonetheless. Hopefully this conversation and thread can be much nicer and lighthearted.

@oneills
PS perhaps you are the one who doesn’t get it now. I encourage you to continue your private conversations if that is the case. I am just sharing some interesting information about the car we all love. I’m not sure what you’re doing but it sounds awfully childish. Now run off to your room and talk about me, again… Ladies start your conversations.

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Part of the appeal of the E9, for me, are the smooth lines of the car.

if he wants cold air for the carbs, put in a real cold air box and maybe do a NACA duct in the hood. Ie something that has a little harmony with the overall shape of the car.

I also think side exit exhausts are nice, and one of my cars has a single side pipe exhaust. But on an E0 a racing style a slant pipe aft of a center muffle with just the tip exposed is more attractive.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Five pages of posts and the resto hasn’t really begun, I shudder to think where this will lead.....
Oh my, shudder away. Note that most of these pages are from the responses. My posts are limited to simple videos and responses when called for. If you don't like this thread, or have problems reading more than a line or two of text, you don't have to read it. Not my car, just sharing someone else's project. If you'd rather I not share, that's fine with me.