Instrument gauge pods

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is new to me.... The black gauge bezels were bonded to the back plate with what appears to be a weld, has anyone delt with reassembly and have suggestions?
IMG_20190111_203207519.jpg

Roger S

Reaction score
Scott just helped me with this same issue/concern. Use solder and tack it in a few spots.

Regards.

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have not tried epoxy for metal on metal weld. Interesting...

Thomas you have to clean the old stuff off the rings and the backing plate of the gauge cluster really really good. I used a dremel then 500 the 800 sandpaper zoom it's super clean and smooth. Attached the rings with JB Weld overnight and it did fine. Make sure the rings are centered correctly as they are marked with a notch on the bottom.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. I just used a generic Crazy Glue to replace a broken stud on the rear o a kidney and it worked. A very strong hold.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i want to echo what Ajay said about cleaning the bottom of the rings and the metal back plate. first you want to make sure that you have removed enough of the old solder so the rings fit completely into the holes of the back plate - you really want there to be an overlap so you have something to catch the solder. you really need to heat the ring and back plate with some flux on the plate so the new solder will run into the gap and hold the two pieces together.