Clips for top door trim

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Anyone know if these NLA clips have a generic equivalent ?.They are 7 & 8 in the pic. Thanks , Simon
30.png

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Have a look at Albright Vinyl they have an assortment of clips

...thanks , but on closer inspection it looks like only the original type will do the job because it serves a number of purposes ; clipping the trim to the top of the door, clipping/holding the chrome trim piece and clipping/holding the felt brush piece.

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Did I turn clips as they should be? I tried to fit the door trim but clips are barely holding the trim.

20200116_173454.jpg

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
If i'm not mistaking, then 4 small teeth should be present, 2 biting into the inside of your trim & 2 biting your door flange. The trim has a groove in it, and that (ofcourse) has two sides to it; I set one clip with the teeth oriented to the inside of the car, biting one side of the trim groove, the next clip with the teeth to the outside biting the other side of the groove, the next one again to the inside and so on. This effectively increases the width over the full set of clips, compared to teeth that are all oriented towards one side.

As they also scrape and bite into your fresh paint, I covered them in grease before putting the trim on. It's a source of rust if your not careful.
Erik.

Last edited: