71 2800CS Tundra Green $16.5k

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Car seems familiar. Apologies if repost.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/lockport-1971-bmw-2800cs-tundra-green/6860986739.html

upload_2019-4-8_22-15-32.jpeg

upload_2019-4-8_22-16-46.jpeg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This looks like a very fair deal if there is indeed only a bit of rust. Someone needs to check it out ASAP, looks like a great candidate for restoration and not unfairly priced

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
late 2800cs ... 0627 out of 647. HBChris ... this VIN wasn't in the old spreadsheet. gotta love the ancient Michelin XVS tires ... haven't seen those in decades. this seems like a decent deal

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm working with GK on this, I have expressed my interest and am ready to move on it at the stated price. I have looked at all the pictures and I think this is a super good deal. My goal was to offer it to one of a couple forum members who asked me through PM for help finding a coupe. All that being said, I think the project is just a little grander than the guys were looking at. I would be happy to do a pass through if anyone were interested but from what I can see and from the coupes I've done in the past this is probably the second best deal of the year (Sam's sienna being #1) :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you're a good man Peter ... inspite of what Don says about you. ooops did i say that out loud. just kidding of course.

Last edited:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes I can Check it out it sits in my Storage Building lol

My Car if anyone is interested please reach out it’s a Solid Project Car with great History

OK. I'm probably not crazy--maybe its your driveway that looked familiar to me or you posted a pic of another coupe with this one or in the driveway.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm working with GK on this, I have expressed my interest and am ready to move on it at the stated price. I have looked at all the pictures and I think this is a super good deal. My goal was to offer it to one of a couple forum members who asked me through PM for help finding a coupe. All that being said, I think the project is just a little grander than the guys were looking at. I would be happy to do a pass through if anyone were interested but from what I can see and from the coupes I've done in the past this is probably the second best deal of the year (Sam's sienna being #1) :)
Okay - dumb question time. ;) I've re-read this thread a few times, and I am trying to figure out what is going on. Peter, are you buying this to re-sell it to a different member? Why wouldn't a member buy it directly? What is a "pass through"? Are you doing work to it first? Again, just dumb questions - please don't take offense. I am just trying to learn the dynamics.

And yes, Jay - I believe Chris has maybe listed another coupe from this driveway. He seems to have a knack in finding coupes and parts. I know I have picked up parts from him at reasonable prices - and no shipping costs as I drove down to meet with him. :D

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay - dumb question time. ;) I've re-read this thread a few times, and I am trying to figure out what is going on. Peter, are you buying this to re-sell it to a different member? Why wouldn't a member buy it directly? What is a "pass through"? Are you doing work to it first? Again, just dumb questions - please don't take offense. I am just trying to learn the dynamics.

And yes, Jay - I believe Chris has maybe listed another coupe from this driveway. He seems to have a knack in finding coupes and parts. I know I have picked up parts from him at reasonable prices - and no shipping costs as I drove down to meet with him. :D

Yes Jay & Steve I've Sold my Dark Gray 3.0cs early Last Year to Europe Holland

Chris

Attachments

• 04.jpeg
    04.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 286

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Folks, here's where I'm at: It's like the Silver coupe from Mario a few years back that I bought. I saw the link to craigslist here, contacted Chris and told him I was very interested but I didn't know he was a forum member at the time. Once we talked ... well, then we knew. I didn't want the car going to some Beverly Hills guy to be resold at twice or three times the price so I committed-pending pictures and then felt it was safe so further committed. I don't make any money on this type of deal, just try to get it into the hands of a member (many who have asked me to keep my eyes open for them). I also think Chris's price if very fair so no need for him to discount. So it's kind of a"dog's breakfast" but I do want Chris to know that if someone does not commit to the car within the next 48 hours I will transfer funds to Chris, take possession of the car and figure out what to do with it from there. I think that's fair, but the idea is really to get the car into the hands of a forum member because that's where it needs to be :).

And I do have one member who is considering it as a driver and should be in touch with me soon- anyone else can send me (or Chris) a PM- please include me just so I'll know.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks folks, but between all the stuff that passes through here I usually have just enough money to do these small transactions for the forum members. I can tell you this though, I'll never restore another coupe on "spec" again! The polaris coupe from Mario worked out this way; 1000 hours, 13K delivered, 15K in parts and outside labor (upholstery, etc) 800.00 for a proper title, so 20.00 per hour is just not enough even for a numbskull like me. (also, there was probably about 10K in crap that can't be quantified, solvents, wire, welding gas- not to mention space -if I had to pay for that I'd be way under water).

If the Tundra ends up in my shop I may have to do something crazy with it. I think a solid Tundra colored Group 2 or 3 might be in order :)

Denniskennedy

Reaction score
I wish I had the funds to buy it. I'm still looking for my first but I'm wife just talked me into buying a bigger house. I would prefer to die in a car then a living room.
Perfectly priced for what I'm looking for! Wrong time unfortunately. Women can ruin everything that's fun.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wish I had the funds to buy it. I'm still looking for my first but I'm wife just talked me into buying a bigger house. I would prefer to die in a car then a living room.
Perfectly priced for what I'm looking for! Wrong time unfortunately. Women can ruin everything that's fun.
try to get a hose with a tall enough garage for a lift