I have the measurements if it helps.

AC3F5FF4-31BB-4009-83B7-7F2069E7E603.jpeg

BD4F9CEA-D138-4E8B-9187-F60709DE6BB0.jpeg

E8621E2C-075C-479E-98B7-D48F1A473465.jpeg

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And the rubber bushings in that bracket have turned to mush by now and not available. New York’s are $200 but the bracket will be a huge issue.

JCS

Reaction score
hello,

I am restoring my BMW and it originally had a/c in but was later removed. I am looking for a complete original a/c unit evaporator, bracket, hoses, ect.

Thanks.
Frank
[email protected]

Hi Frank,

I rebuild A/C Compressors, I see on Realoem.com that your car originally had an Axial A/C Compressor.
I have 2 Axials in stock, both are in pieces right now,
If you need an Axial, I can piece one together and rebuild it for you.
Or if you have purchased one, send it to me and I can rebuild it for you.
To rebuild an Axial is $275.00 + return ship, I also can return ship international,
If you want to buy one of my spares, then I can rebuild it, and send it to you.
I will need to look it up and see what I paid for it.

Here is a Link to my 16 websites, then go to # 12 A/C Compressors Info on the Axial is on page # 1, and pages 52-59.

LINK : https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threa...repair-service-for-psps-hydro-steering.30348/

Best,

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Frank,

I rebuild A/C Compressors, I see on Realoem.com that your car originally had an Axial A/C Compressor.
I have 2 Axials in stock, both are in pieces right now,
If you need an Axial, I can piece one together and rebuild it for you.
Or if you have purchased one, send it to me and I can rebuild it for you.
To rebuild an Axial is $275.00 + return ship, I also can return ship international,
If you want to buy one of my spares, then I can rebuild it, and send it to you.
I will need to look it up and see what I paid for it.

Here is a Link to my 16 websites, then go to # 12 A/C Compressors Info on the Axial is on page # 1, and pages 52-59.

LINK : https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threa...repair-service-for-psps-hydro-steering.30348/

Best,[/QUOTE
So, what is considered an "axial" anyway? Is it the Bosch rotary unit? Certainly not the very original York "cube". I feel if this is what you can help with, it will assist many who have a later E3 or E9 who have been happy with this Bosch until, well, things got hot. I mean the bracket is still in place, the belt is known, and the performance is a known commodity. Great to simply replace this part, then perhaps improve radiator coring.

JCS

Reaction score

Blue,

I cannot educate you about the Axial compressor is a 3 piston unit, (not rotary), unless you visit my website,
and see the photos and read the captions for each photo.
And then look at the photos of the Bosch Axial compressor on realoem.com, and compare them.
To see that this is the correct compressor for the 1972 3.0 csi

Best,

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been through your site now and see the Bosch is indeed the axial compressor and would be a great factory solution for Coupe A/C. Nice that you rebuild these units as they are all tired by now.

JCS

Reaction score
I have been through your site now and see the Bosch is indeed the axial compressor and would be a great factory solution for Coupe A/C. Nice that you rebuild these units as they are all tired by now.

Thanks Blue, let me know if you want one, I have two Axial's for parts that I can assemble and rebuild it plus the cost of the unit itself, to make a good working one.