BMW 3.0CS --> Bat

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Project standing more or less still. But I'm working on the instrument cluster. I will use Arduino UNO in order to get the Vector to look a like instrument cluster, but the dash and housing be original. It will be 100% possible to put back the original instrument cluster ;). I'll 3D print a holder for the speedometer wire and put a sensor there, in order to get the speed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pNx5w1oQtNr4Zi5c8E6A2vo-mGAZ68E1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ICooy0ANTjnC5lfy0tU4wuW2yukfYWIH

Fuel gauge
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ue8XnoriGHuglk0vfUTryEFnHr2Os82Y
I've changed the code for this meter after this video was taken. I had to add a smoothing algorithm in order to remove the flickering.

Moreover, the M106 has been taken apart partly. I will start to renovate it shortly. Aiming for 450hp approx.

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Found this cool looking inlet manifold. It will be sitting on a M106 turbo engine in my E9 3.0 CS. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190517-230253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190517-230253_Gallery.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 219

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Long time between updates. I have another project car. A BMW E23 745 turbo that is completely rebuilt. Currently mounting the rear axle, trailing arms and all piping for brakes and fuel etc. Will be a very much upgraded turbo engine. M106 engine block with katalysator cylinder head. Same setup as I will use in the E9.

Latest greatest about E9 is new door skins. It's amazing how much those cars rust. Is there really anyone that have opened up the body of an E9 and not found rust o_O.

Doors.jpgDoors2.jpgDoors4.jpgDoors5.jpg

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Weird thing happened today. I stumbled over yet another LSD sideloader. This time it's an unmarked one (again)... but with S0 inscribed on the housing (inside).
First of all I checked that it was limited and it sure was. I tried to spin the inlet shaft and both output shaft spins the same way. I also tried with spanners to keep one still and that was impossible. Yet another odd thing is that there are add ons on the output flanges. About 2" thick. Like the diff originates from a much wider E9/E3. Anyone who can shed some light on what this is? S0 should slip all the time, right?

Attachments

• LSD_S0.jpg
    LSD_S0.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 134
  • LSD_S0_1.jpg
    LSD_S0_1.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 146
  • LSD_S0_2.jpg
    LSD_S0_2.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 145
  • LSD_S0_3.jpg
    LSD_S0_3.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 137
  • LSD_S0_4.jpg
    LSD_S0_4.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 147

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Today I managed to find time to open the "S0" diff... and it sure felt strong prior to opening it. I found that there was doubled up with clutch discs on both sides. So either someone have added the side gears or they've been there all the time. Anyway, nice to find another 3.45 LSD. I assume it's more than 40%. Perhaps a 70%. Have had several diffs, but this one has the strongest resistance, if that means anything.

Attachments

• LSD_Odd2.jpg
    LSD_Odd2.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 141
  • LSD_Odd3.jpg
    LSD_Odd3.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 117
  • LSD_Odd6.jpg
    LSD_Odd6.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 126
  • LSD_Odd8_GIL.jpg
    LSD_Odd8_GIL.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 117
  • LSD_S0_a.jpg
    LSD_S0_a.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 112
  • LSD_S0_b.jpg
    LSD_S0_b.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 113
  • LSD_S0_c.jpg
    LSD_S0_c.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 116
  • LSD_S0_d.jpg
    LSD_S0_d.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 124

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Progress is extremely slow, but I'm collecting parts right now. The build plan has taken some turns, and I will not widen the body as it stands now. Instead, it will be pretty much original on the outside. The full roll cage stays in, and I am now looking into the rear differential. What torque can the sideloader take? I now have one spare LSD, but thinking about changing to a 188 LSD with a modern housing. Alternatively a 210. Anybody here that runs with a lot of torque (turbo engine)?

I'm currently working on my E23 745i Turbo with original sport interior. It now has glass roof and will receive an Alpina B7-turbo spec. engine just as the E9 will have ;).