WTB: Scheel Tracks (I’m all set!)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am short one set of tracks for my seats. I have the frames and the seat side of the track, but not the body side of the track. I understand that I will likely need to purchase the entire mechanism. If anyone has a spare set or a lead, shoot me a PM or reply below. Thank you!

One track is smooth and the other has the perforations to catch the spring loaded slide stop.

BC74FAAC-DA8F-4B62-B2FE-599FABC48BA7.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Will do! I’m in contact with Gerrit also, as I want the option to redo my seats and I still need rears. I will buy the rears from @daddywad if originals don’t fall into my lap. Everything that he makes is amazing.

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos, I may have an extra single set off of a set of Scheels. But do these bolt straight onto the frame of the car? On my set of Scheels I was gonna use the Dave Varco/Aardvarc adapters on top of the factory seat rails. Will check this weekend on what I have and let you know.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, I may have an extra single set off of a set of Scheels. But do these bolt straight onto the frame of the car? On my set of Scheels I was gonna use the Dave Varco/Aardvarc adapters on top of the factory seat rails. Will check this weekend on what I have and let you know.

Hi @Ajay,

I’m not that familiar with 400’s. I have 101’s. The female side of the slider (with the lever) bolts to the underside of the seat. The male side of the slider with the height adjustment holes bolt to a vehicle-specific frame. If you didn’t have the frame, you would use adapters.

Thank you btw!!!

this goes on the seat:
E3C23478-0A44-4A9E-85D5-CFBEBED4904E.jpeg

These slide into the seat piece, and bolt to the frame (I need one inner/outer set):
238D45F5-F3E1-4BB8-8ACB-2E3BF7946D4D.jpeg

This is the frame, that bolts to the car, and accepts the height adjustable male seat slider. These are tilting frames similar to those that @daddywad makes/sells.
41D42661-CA0C-48A0-B2EB-BE58584AE9E3.jpeg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the scheel sliders are quite expensive thanks to the porsche community. i am not sure how you will mount them onto the coupe. i have a set of 400's but i used factory sliders with the Dave Varco plates. i do have a matching set of scheel sliders that only have 2 mounting holes instead of 4

i do like the frames that you have ... they are quite nice. my question is whether they allow the seat to be mounted lower than normal

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Markos let me know if @'69 2800cs has them bc I think I have an extra set of both the top pic, with the lever, and possibly the bottom section with the 4 hole brackets. I wont use them bc I am going the same route as @rsporsche with the Dave Varco/Aardvarc setup with the factory sliders. Plus the Scheel 400s are tall, so the extra height of the frames would put me through the roof...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Markos let me know if @'69 2800cs has them bc I think I have an extra set of both the top pic, with the lever, and possibly the bottom section with the 4 hole brackets. I wont use them bc I am going the same route as @rsporsche with the Dave Varco/Aardvarc setup with the factory sliders. Plus the Scheel 400s are tall, so the extra height of the frames would put me through the roof...

Thanks @Ajay! I’ll message you as well to confirm.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Mark, I think that I have a couple sets in storage but I won't make it over to the garage for a while. Email me a reminder if you don't track some down in the next couple weeks

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Turns out my tracks are recaro units. I knew they looked similar. I need to see if they will even work.
:(

May be in the market for a complete set of tracks...

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
If the four tab are indeed Recaro, how do we explain that the other parts of the sliders are identical to the three tab? And that they have the Scheel bolt pattern?

My guess was the four tab were simply older than the three tab.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
If the four tab are indeed Recaro, how do we explain that the other parts of the sliders are identical to the three tab? And that they have the Scheel bolt pattern?

My guess was the four tab were simply older than the three tab.

Strike that. I misread Gerrit’s email. The four hole units shown above are indeed scheel. He was referring to my spare silver units. I was confused in an email thread where we were going over multiple items.

Either way I planned to run what I had. It makes sense that the black ones are scheel since they came from two different scheel seats that I bought from two separate sellers. Thanks for confirming though!

These are recaro:
2533FC12-7BE1-4265-A936-DC118290EDA8.jpeg

Last edited: