New(-ish) member / new owner of 1974 3.0 CS in La Jolla, CA

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never read that - there are so many great things you can find once you get into Healey World. I love my Mk III, but the earlier models are certainly more raw / primitive. I have only driven with windows rolled up twice in the past 5 years. The look of the earlier models without the convertible top are much more streamlined and beautiful -- the cockpit has the look & feel of a mid-century race car, airplane, or racing boat. Rarely ever use the top anyway. In between the Healey 100 and the 3000 is the 100-6 -- the first 6 cylinder engine. The early ones with the folding windscreen are really cool. Strap on your helmet & goggles & drive like hell!
View attachment 113158View attachment 113159
Welcome to the group! I would have to say you have very fine taste indeed. And if there is any opportunity to post a photo of my Healey, I'll take it!
1964 Mark 3. Factory hardtop. Still love it. Presently assembling a Sprite Mark 1, Bugeye, and have a 100/4 sitting, awaiting its turn. ;)
8744CBF5-0E4B-4B73-8CE4-46D97B4C6B04_1_201_a.jpeg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congratulations on your coupe. I don't know a lot about the Healey, but I am drawn to them when I see one at a show.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey lytebrite, thank you for NOT buying this car that day. I was concerned that it would be sold before I had the chance to drive it. Thanks for the kind words & I look forward to seeing you out on the open road where these great machines belong, Cheers!

lytebrite

Deceased
Reaction score
Hey lytebrite, thank you for NOT buying this car that day. I was concerned that it would be sold before I had the chance to drive it. Thanks for the kind words & I look forward to seeing you out on the open road where these great machines belong, Cheers!
We were with the previous owner when you called to schedule your drive. LOL!

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the group! I would have to say you have very fine taste indeed. And if there is any opportunity to post a photo of my Healey, I'll take it!
1964 Mark 3. Factory hardtop. Still love it. Presently assembling a Sprite Mark 1, Bugeye, and have a 100/4 sitting, awaiting its turn. ;)
View attachment 114733
View attachment 114733
Thanks bluecoupe30! Love the factory hardtop on your BJ8. You are clearly a Healey guy with all the other projects lined up -- good luck! How did you fit an E9 into that collection?
BJ8 and E9.PNG
Here's an image of my entire collection (yes, all two) of classics.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks bluecoupe30! Love the factory hardtop on your BJ8. You are clearly a Healey guy with all the other projects lined up -- good luck! How did you fit an E9 into that collection?View attachment 115006 Here's an image of my entire collection (yes, all two) of classics.
Nice shot! They are 2 very different automobiles, that's for sure. Yes, been a "Healey guy" for what seems like forever. But the Coupe was always on my radar. Mostly could only find rust savaged projects. Then one day in the late '80s at an Auto Show in Vancouver, I asked the BMW salesman who was handing out brochures, if his dealership ever saw these cars anymore. His answer was that 1 had just come in, and it was very nice. Well he was correct, so next day it was mine! Will admit to having to move to a small farm to get enough space, but this suits my wife just fine, she has some ponies she plays with. ;)