E9’s are selling like Hotcakes on BAT 73 with 5 speed

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey @Stevehose @Dick Steinkamp. This isn't sarcasm,how much of this car a mess? Is it that the case that the engine is solid, transmission likely solid and body/frame pretty good? Then we have paint average, interior a mess, engine compartment mess, underbody mess (but rust under control)?
Good question. I am taking his opinion about the condition of the shoddy interior etc and using that as a basis for his assurance of metal condition. Which is to say not much. If his standards of rust are equal to the interior etc condition then I wouldn’t assume the body condition is any different. How do we know the running gear is all that great? I’m not wishing ill on the seller, but his “transparency” is not backed up by the puffed up pics.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It will be reserve not met, or at least it should be. Refurbished leather interior when seats have been painted with a brush, including the door cards among many more significant transgressions. In every pic it is clear that the paint job is very poor, it is a shame that he spent so much money on it as he obviously loves his coupe.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love is blind
I stand by my prediction of $50 as a fair bid and fair selling price. I hope he gets more as it’s all part of the rising tide of E9 values

I too find it hard to believe he is a concours judge, but then again ❤️ IS blind

John

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bid to $53K RNM. Im a bit surprised bidding got that high. Seller’s arrogance doomed this auction from the start.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bid to $53K RNM. Im a bit surprised bidding got that high. Seller’s arrogance doomed this auction from the start.
I thought your comments on BAT were very mature. That’s more than I can say for my own BAT behavior.

I don’t think the seller was arrogant, just ignorant. And ignorance is not a sin jus a weakness in my view of the world.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don’t think the seller was arrogant, just ignorant. And ignorance is not a sin jus a weakness in my view of the world.
Agreed. Maybe both? A deadly combo. If he was knowledgeable he wound have included photos above the glove box and fuse box, inside fenders, under rear seats, etc. When someone commented to the lack of these photos after the auction seller says “why didn’t you ask for them during the auction” Point is we shouldn’t have to.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
The bare metal resto followed by front wing repairs a few years later says it all.

Reminds me of my university days of being at the club, and spotting someone on the other side which, after a few drinks, was good-looking. Upon closer inspection however you can't run away fast enough.

This is one of those cars

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It will be reserve not met, or at least it should be. Refurbished leather interior when seats have been painted with a brush, including the door cards among many more significant transgressions. In every pic it is clear that the paint job is very poor, it is a shame that he spent so much money on it as he obviously loves his coupe.
BaT whisperer!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just found the text conversation I had with the owner back in Oct 2019 when I drove his car. I really think he thought the car was ready to be sold back then when he had it for sale on FaceBook Market Place. I told him about the Forum and how much info was available about E9's. His last text said " I'll get my brakes and rust and other items fixed b4 selling". After seeing the crazy high BaT prices,I'm sure he and BaT thought the car was going to sell for much more than the reserve. This is the classic case of having a PPI done before buying a Coupe given the info presented in this auction.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
In my opinion, went off the rails very early. Pics were ethereal. Could not get past that. Then comments started flooding in, and attitude rose up. Bidders and posters react. Not a good mix. A lesson for some that may want to just list this model that seems to be golden right now. As long as viewers have ability to comment, the flaws will be identified and until an appropriate response is offered, seller will forever regret not addressing each and every one.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I stopped listening after the second “chrome-plated wiper arms” claim.

A2109F4C-48AB-4D87-93CE-AD8A6CA65EDF.jpeg

5814742B-8F3B-46E2-97BE-821D502B0E70.jpeg

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
All comments here are spot on. Perhaps better that this one stay with the Seller. I'm sure in due time it will resurface with some sort of lift or new shade of overspray.
Gary

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh.. Everywhere you look at this car you see some weird stuff. Like this picture from Marcos. Looks like the dash is going apart, the wipers is loosing its paint and almost all the slats from the hood grille are broken off. All this in just one small random pic. With all this weird stuff I cant believe the rust repair can be any good either.

I sincerely hope the seller keeps it as no one will look at this coupe as he is, and he obviously loves it! :)

View attachment 122128