Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
63148655-D968-4A06-A221-2612807B9F05.jpeg

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bmachine, cut out the existing perch.

If you look over at the driver side you will see a 1“ x 2“ rectangular piece that was welded to the floorboard. The bolt holes match the location of the E 93 bolt holes.To the front I welded Square plate on the bottom and top of the existing floor board.

Drill holes, bolt in.

The bigger challenge is the electric operation of the seats.

I could write a book on how not to do it correctly.Call if you would like to discuss 404-226-6678.

Thanks for your encouragement about a two years ago when I was looking to purchase the seats.

RP

Last edited:

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Great work! It gives me hope for my slow moving projects : ) I like the fact that this forum has such a wide variety of individuals that ranges from those who like to modified, as well as those who love the intricate details of absolute originality. Also, I like the fact that you have made car how you want it, something I still struggle with. Good luck with finishing the details!

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Johan, lots of details that can trip up a novice.

Good BMW club members have come to my rescue many times.

I’ll let you know how well we do tomorrow with the engine and its Megasquirt engine control.
Thanks, for me it is great if someone else does all the mistakes :) But I do hope it wasn't too much making you despair. I have done a 3.5 conversion so I am not a total novice but am far from a master mechanic. From what I have seen of this conversion MS seems to simplify in general but will probably need some specific tweaks too. On my 3.5 I do have an MS with added 02 sensor, different TPS and a few more things. It is about to go live this year so we will see.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great work! It gives me hope for my slow moving projects : ) I like the fact that this forum has such a wide variety of individuals that ranges from those who like to modified, as well as those who love the intricate details of absolute originality. Also, I like the fact that you have made car how you want it, something I still struggle with. Good luck with finishing the details!

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks “Old.”

There are several folks on this website that have helped with the project.

Somewhere along the line there’s a complete set of instructions on how to make E24 rear seats work in a 3.0 CS. Thank you to the author.

Local Atlanta folks have been helpful in offering tips and motivation. Thanks Gary and Jon.

And, after working on the car today, I decided I’ll put the aluminum trim panels back onto the side of the car. Instead of using the BMW studs that held the trim in place (oops I‘be welded and filled all of the panel holes) I will use 3M double stick tape to put the trim back on the car.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, for me it is great if someone else does all the mistakes :) But I do hope it wasn't too much making you despair. I have done a 3.5 conversion so I am not a total novice but am far from a master mechanic. From what I have seen of this conversion MS seems to simplify in general but will probably need some specific tweaks too. On my 3.5 I do have an MS with added 02 sensor, different TPS and a few more things. It is about to go live this year so we will see.
Johan, ditto the M88: MS, and O2 sensor and different TPS.

Wiring harness intricacies make this a project that is beyond my scope. Thankfully I have some good help.

For what it’s worth, I relocated the battery to underneath the backseat and went with one of the small lithium batterries, this giving more room underneath the hood.

RP

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Johan, ditto the M88: MS, and O2 sensor and different TPS.

Wiring harness intricacies make this a project that is beyond my scope. Thankfully I have some good help.

For what it’s worth, I relocated the battery to underneath the backseat and went with one of the small lithium batterries, this giving more room underneath the hood.

RP
Thanks, i never considered the smaller lithium ones, mine went to the trunk. Will look into those.

Wiring harness does not worry me too much, I know a bit and have friends that know more. In this case I'd probably just do a new one for the engine rather than trying to adapt the old, would be a lot cleaner and simpler.

But did you get the car running? Im sure we are all curious.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, i never considered the smaller lithium ones, mine went to the trunk. Will look into those.

Wiring harness does not worry me too much, I know a bit and have friends that know more. In this case I'd probably just do a new one for the engine rather than trying to adapt the old, would be a lot cleaner and simpler.

But did you get the car running? Im sure we are all curious.
Johan, In typical fashion, one step forward and two steps back. We used the wiring harness from an old E30. The computer isn’t getting a temperature signal. I’ll go back to another old e30 and find a better wiring harness.

So, I spent the balance of the day polishing the aluminum side trim panels that will go back on the car with the double stick tape.

You can’t really tell, but the most stunning part about the car is the two into one, into an oval exhaust pipe that then goes into the Magnaflow muffler. The guy that did the welding makes the stainless steel look like art. Thanks Tommy!

RP

Last edited: