WTB: Donor E9 in UK/Europe

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Between one thing and another and after having my car parts stolen I am on the hunt for a donor E9 (don't think I'm alone in this quest!!)
please see form tread below for further info;
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/anyone-familiar-with-classic-legends-in-the-uk.39048/#post-335593

This is my car in its current condition;
IMG-20210716-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210729-WA0015.jpg

Since 2018, when I first tuck on this project to now, the car has come a long way and I don't want to give up just yet. If any of you possibly know or have any info of someone who wishes to sell ta donor car so that I could get mine complete that would be greatly appreciated. Ideally I would like the car located with in the European / UK area but it doesnt matter what side the steering wheel is on.

Many thanks.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I may be able to source a rhd csi for you.
It's a rolling shell but does have suspension and subframe. No diff no brakes, has a mostly complete tan leather interior, from memory no dash.

Let me know if of any interest. Car is in Northampton

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If @nonsmokey deal comes off I've a spare RHD upper dash section for you.
Your other option for some running gear is the E3. They have the same brake RHD brake boosters etc.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks both for your offer.
Nosmonkey, my car has a gearbox, engine and part of the drive train as you can probably make out from the pictures, meaning I need everything else, glass, bags, chrome, sunroof, doors, boot lid. ( I managed to get the bonnet!! and part of the wooden dashboard) Also need wiring, fuel system, heating system, all the lights. Is there many parts attached to the rolling shell.

Fully appreciate that beggars can't be choosers and I have to start some where, but if I can resume this project with as many parts as possibly, even if I double up on them, it will help greatly. The ideal candidate would be a barn - field, my dad had one of those find.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'd not worry about glass, just buy new from W&N or Jaymic.
Also consider W&N for most of the external trim. Chances are if you purchase original you will still spend money on getting it restored - ask me how I know.
You can also source all the pigskin for the trunk from CS Werk as well as centre consul.
If you can't find a wreck ebay Germany is also very good.
Last but not least there's @Keshav as he's a wealth of knowledge and has a list of guys in Germany that are wrecking e9s from memory.
I also have a set of gauges with the upper dash section, that I could be convinced to re-home, that are Uk spec.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many thanks Wes, some good points there alright, why buy twice when I may end up having to get brand new parts!!!

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I don't have one, it maybe hard to fully create one until the restoration project is resumed and a clear picture can be made of what's needed. That's one of the reasons why I would prefer to find a donor car, something to work from and tap into as required.

As a rough list, I need;
  • Fuel system & tank
  • Break system
  • Heating system
  • Electrical system
  • Cooling system
  • All glass & sun roof
  • Two doors & boot lid
  • All lights & lenses, front, back and internal
  • All seats, centre console, dash board and front & back shelf
  • Steering rack, prop shaft & diff
  • Badges, chrome trim, bumpers, grill

DAVE

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I don't have one, it maybe hard to fully create one until the restoration project is resumed and a clear picture can be made of what's needed. That's one of the reasons why I would prefer to find a donor car, something to work from and tap into as required.

As a rough list, I need;
  • Fuel system & tank
  • Break system
  • Heating system
  • Electrical system
  • Cooling system
  • All glass & sun roof
  • Two doors & boot lid
  • All lights & lenses, front, back and internal
  • All seats, centre console, dash board and front & back shelf
  • Steering rack, prop shaft & diff
  • Badges, chrome trim, bumpers, grill
Automatic or manual?

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Its a manual.

Cars in storage, so it will take me a while to get some photos.
Leave it with me and thanks for the offer.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
By no means comprehensive but this could help:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Last but not least there's @Keshav as he's a wealth of knowledge and has a list of guys in Germany that are wrecking e9s from memory

Thanks @Wes but the E9 ‘enthusiasm‘ has dramatically picked up in the last year or so….where there were ‘restoration’ objects for way less than 10,000€ offered, none of those are advertised anymore and if, they are gone within minutes.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just came across this advert and sent it to @Someday …….still a real tedious job trying to buy a car overseas with possible language hurdles and logistic problems……not to forget the new Brexit rules and import taxes.

Also a number of private vehicle transporters……last time we sent an e9 shell to the UK, it was around 1000€
just an example….I recon UK would have similar private transporters on hand too.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Alpina wheels suggest your car might be a '74 model.

If that's the case you'll need model specific fuel tank, brake servos, seats, some trim, wiring, steering column and diff. You might find it easier to source these parts seperately rather than hoping to find a '74 donor car. They are out there (Ebay is always a good starting point) but will need some hunting down.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks all for the continued support.

BMW confirmed that car was "manufactured on April 28th, 1972 and delivered on May 04th, 1972 to the UK". V5 - Log book is dated 1973, I guess is sat for a while before getting sold taking into consideration the price of the car when new.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's some good news, in that parts will be easier to source.

Let's hope as a community in the UK we can track this guy down and re-unite you with your original bits

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's some good news, in that parts will be easier to source.

Let's hope as a community in the UK we can track this guy down and re-unite you with your original bits
That would be great for me and the others who have been hard done by, some a lot worse than me.
There's quite a few photos of cars on his Instagram account and classic legends website which he may have been dealing with. Any info on those cars will help, if folk want to send it my way or to Northampton police who are investigating various cases as well as informing border control.