Inka

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is only one Inka US 3.0CS in our Registry, certainly there are more out there, specifically a US/NA delivered coupe. I am wondering how rare Inka is for a US coupe, there were lots of 2002s in Inka imported. Anyone know of any in the US?

Chris

rb1971

Reaction score
Chris-

Inka was rare enough on the coupes in general that when I spoke to the head of BMW Mobile Tradition he didn't think inka was a proper color for coupes at all and that it was only available as a factory color on 2002s. So I would imagine the numbers would be pretty low worldwide.

-John

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's 2 of them in this factory picture:

Factory.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The factory photo is a CSL I believe and yes, lots of Inka CSLs. But a plain old US spec carbed CS in Inka from the factory? Very rare I think. If I found one I think I would be very tempted to buy it, even if it meant my Malaga had to go to a new home. Who knows, something to ponder for sure.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think I would also be tempted - Inka is my favorite followed closely by Baikal

The factory photo is a CSL I believe and yes, lots of Inka CSLs. But a plain old US spec carbed CS in Inka from the factory? Very rare I think. If I found one I think I would be very tempted to buy it, even if it meant my Malaga had to go to a new home. Who knows, something to ponder for sure.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris and Steve, would you feel the same way about Colorado?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like Colorado and it's probably as rare as Inka but not as attractive to me as the others, and not enough for me to give my current squeeze the heave-ho!

Chris and Steve, would you feel the same way about Colorado?

RogerB

Reaction score
I have a friend in the Atlanta area that has an originally Inka car now Polaris. I think I still have the color plate from it he gave me somewhere.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Roger,

Do you have the VIN? Only looking for US coupes in Inka. Colorado is also nice, have only seen one, I believe now in Peder's fine collection.

Chris

RogerB

Reaction score
Chris:

No, I don't have the VIN. Whenever I see him and if he is willing to post it I will PM it to you.

Roger

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, wish me luck. I am headed up to our beautiful Central Valley tomorrow where it is 100 degrees to look at a 73 U.S. spec 3.0CS that is Inka with black leather. Two owners from new, sold at Weber Motors in Fresno, looks very complete. It drives well, still has original CA blue license plates, automatic (rebuilt), interior dried out from sun but "supposedly" rust free, we shall see. I will post tomorrow night what I find and whether it has been driven back to Huntington Beach.

Chris

duane_sword

Reaction score
Chris, success to you on your Inka quest!

If you come across a quality CS in Taiga I think that would tempt me (in addition to my Polaris CS, we have a special bond ;-) )

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fresno sounds easier than doing the Inka trail in Peru...

Yep, their adoration of Inti, the Sun-god usually ends up runining any leather interior...