Search results for query: Dash speaker

  1. e9Leveque

    NOS Triple Gauge Set

    Agree, adding the gauge pod where the speakers are is very easy. I ran new speaker wire from the amp under back seat to the glovebox area, from there you can just reach up into that speaker cavity. Power could be supplied through the fusebox by passing power wires behind the entire center dash...
  2. rsporsche

    NOS Triple Gauge Set

    so why would you take the dash out to put in a gauge cluster? it can all be done with the dash right where it is. you might have to dremel the original speaker cutout a bit, but that can be done in place. you can run the wires to the gauge cluster in the speaker hole without removing...
  3. Nachtycoupe

    NOS Triple Gauge Set

    Hey Mark, I hear you on that. There are quite a few people on here with the gauges where the speaker sat. The speaker cover comes off very easy with a CC or something to slide behind it and pop it out (you probably know that), whether the whole dash needs to come out in order to wire up the...
  4. bluecoupe30!

    "New" Blaupunkt Frankfurt / Modern Bells and Whistles / Due in 2026

    Thanks for sharing that. I would absolutely go through the trouble of replacing my woodwork if I could get burr walnut. I knew it looked familiar, I look right at the same material in the dash of my Austin Healey 3000. ;)
  5. M

    "New" Blaupunkt Frankfurt / Modern Bells and Whistles / Due in 2026

    That is amazing, to me the only part that doesn't fit is the steering wheel
  6. nosmonkey

    "New" Blaupunkt Frankfurt / Modern Bells and Whistles / Due in 2026

    Woodwork was done in bookmatched burr walnut by an ex RR (Mulliner Park Ward) employee. Being an RHD car the grab rail was always veneered but i also opted to have the window switches veneered as i felt the brushed aluminium seemed out of place. The centre speaker panel was swapped for a pair of...
  7. M

    NOS Triple Gauge Set

    I think I would sell the car before I take the dash out again... I had a 2002, and a little 3 gauge pod that set next to the main instrument pod
  8. Dlc

    Oldenzaal Classics "in-house" Air Conditioning kit

    good catch Scott I assume it is the clear tube coming from the side and going into the hole in the tranny tunnel
  9. rsporsche

    Oldenzaal Classics "in-house" Air Conditioning kit

    is there a condensate drain? i checked to see if the e3 duct was basically the same as the e9 duct ... and its not. i thought about doing that as well ... but also didn't want to cut any holes. the only spot i could think of was to replace the speaker grille in the center of the dash.
  10. e9Leveque

    72 3.0 CS 2240344 Restoration

    ...additional "below the radio" gauges useful, but since I'm considering adding AC that spot won't be available anymore, and you and I both know that I'm not giving up the dash speaker spot after all the work we did getting a nice speaker and mount in there! My clock, well, that I can afford to...
  11. Lucas

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    Yes, this can be done using one of the faders below.
  12. ScottAndrews

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    ...you will lose any stereo imaging. I'd recommend looking up a recent thread where we created a 2-speaker insert for the front in-dash speaker. There are two different ones. One for planar speakers and one for small cone speakers. Then wire each of those in parallel with its corresponding side...
  13. DWMBMW

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    Question for speaker wiring. I have a 1972 euro Frankfurt with 2 of these speaker wire plugs both of which are connected to the 2 rear speakers in the parcel self. Is there a splitter I can use on one of them to feed both rear speakers so the other one can connect to my center dash speaker?
  14. Jellobmw

    Air fuel gauge mounting options?

    My Innovative AFR gauge is the one on the right in the dash speaker location. It’s hooked to the header collector for cylinders 4,5,6. Plug comparison to ensure cylinders 1,2,3 are getting the same.
  15. boonies

    Air fuel gauge mounting options?

    ...somewhere in the coupe. There are a couple options that I am considering. What I am not considering is the Alpina gauge mounting in the dash speaker hole. BMW had dashboard mounting of gauges for the 2002 Turbo that is interesting. I would want something that could be installed and...
  16. sfdon

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    We have a stereo installer that visits both locations. Currently installing 5 systems. Everybody gets what they want. My own system is icu 130 focal in front, 690 ac focal under rear seats. My dash wood is speaker delete so nothing there and my doors are ashtray delete so no tweeters there...
  17. e9Leveque

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    ...only photo I have at the moment but I think it shows that it looks pretty clean. Regarding phone placement, the other thread with the iPhone 3d printed stand would work but would obscure the gauges in the dash speaker. It would be pretty easy to modify that stand to sit one “well” over to the...
  18. rsporsche

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    gauges ... i have tweeters in the door ashtrays. i need to come up with a creative way to mount a phone to use as a map / control the phone (if i use the out of sight audio) so here's the follow question for you retrosound guys with the uncut plate. what does the gap look like between the...
  19. e9Leveque

    Vintage Radio discussion questions

    ...can wire in antenna, etc. For the convenience, ease of use and installation, cost and "retro-looking-enough" quality it seemed to check all of the boxes. You also going to upgrade the dash speaker with some of the options we have been trying? Or were you having gauges up there - can't remember.
  20. ScottAndrews

    72 3.0 CS 2240344 Restoration

    Took a trip to visit Don today to drop off the Gen 2 dash speaker baffles. On my way home, I stopped off to see what was up with my car. They have made pretty good progress! Driver side front floor is in. Passenger side rocker is in. Gaping speaker holes in the package tray are gone. The front...
Back
Top