“Oberon” 1973 3.0 CS

posix

Reaction score
Bent just a bit is too much contact, it has the black nine blade fan I think?
yup you are correct. its the black 9 blade fan. from the mechanics note from 2008 the mechanic noticed it and replaced the fan. this was around same time when the engine was replaced as well. i assumed it would have been fixed then...

posix

Reaction score
Got the car back. Results are spectacular.

compression is 200 on all cylinders, no variation.

leakdown is 2% on all but cylinder 3 which is at 5%

mechanic was overly impressed. He says he did the tests multiple times because he couldn’t believe the numbers.

posix

Reaction score
Set of bilstein HDs came in today. CN lowered springs came in a few days ago. Along with Coupe king engine retainers and handbrake set.

so the collection begins.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While you are at it, buy the big Suspension Techniques anti-sway bars. Bought mine from CN's La Jolla Independent.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I recall these were on earlier cars. They are anti-dive plates so the engine doesn’t shift too far forward preventing the fan from striking the radiator on hard braking. Your subframe may not have the holes for these. I don’t think you’ll need them if you use oem mounts and also the coupe king transmission mount.
My car has them (holes and one of the two plates). April 1973 build date. I plan on using them (although I'll need to find/make the second one or purchase the CK version. The clearance between fan and rad is so close. I'll take any insurance I can.

posix

Reaction score
went out of town for a bit but tons of parts got in while i was gone.

ordered a carpet kit from world upholstery that should arrive at the end of the month.

waiting on another largeish order from stefan at bmw-oldtimerteile with more seals and front subframe hardware kit.

posix

Reaction score
Took a look at the Nachtblau paint sample this week. And I’m not 100% sold on it. Good color but I feel Polaris brings out the lines of the car better.

very hard decision

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took a look at the Nachtblau paint sample this week. And I’m not 100% sold on it. Good color but I feel Polaris brings out the lines of the car better.

very hard decision
Something about the blue is just perfect for the coupe in my eyes. Elegant and sporty. There are so many silver cars on the road, perhaps I'm just tired of the color. My 2 cents

posix

Reaction score
i took the sample that we sprayed yesterday into direct sunlight and some amounts different shade. The blue is beautiful.

took pics but none of them actually looked like the actual sample

posix

Reaction score
212B19A3-E7A3-422D-8C63-1B14C8F1E3DC.jpeg
DFB3BE72-3097-456C-915C-D9D401C6FA52.jpeg
042BD09C-54F9-4698-996C-6D1CF5511F14.jpeg

taking off the rocker moulding soon, but looks like there’s definitely some rust on the rocker panels but seems localized to around wheel wells.