14x7 Alpina Wheels

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
NMNA - Pretty sure I know the seller of these in Ridgefield WA. Great guy with some amazing cars and always finds the rarest parts. Maybe not exactly perfect but would look incredible on the right coupe for a great price.

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
These are 10 hole wheels. You can purchase these new, so the route most take when you want to go with the original 7x14 size. With that said, that seems like a decent price for a fresh set.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
These are 10 hole wheels. You can purchase these new, so the route most take when you want to go with the original 7x14 size. With that said, that seems like a decent price for a fresh set.
Agreed but what I'm reading are these are original 10 hole that were refurbished. I would much prefer these over new from Walloth & Nesch. I guess the key for me is what date stamp they have on them

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed but what I'm reading are these are original 10 hole that were refurbished. I would much prefer these over new from Walloth & Nesch. I guess the key for me is what date stamp they have on them
@Markos probably knows when 10-hole production started but its years later than the production of the car so whether it's the 80s or the 90s it's still quite a bit outside your cars date range. I don't believe there is any intrinsic value placed on older 10-hole Alpinas vs newer 10-hole Alpinas.... but I could be wrong.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From our FAQ the ten hole wheels were introduced in 1975 by Ronal and have a cast Alpina logo, the newer ten hole Alpinas sold by Walloth are made by fps and have an engraved Alpina.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
From our FAQ the ten hole wheels were introduced in 1975 by Ronal and have a cast Alpina logo, the newer ten hole Alpinas sold by Walloth are made by fps and have an engraved Alpina.

Not that it matters, but the W&N Alpinas are manufactured by BBS. BBS has been making Alpina wheels for years now.

7511797F-EC82-4A62-BE77-2D17FF9C6F21.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no update necessary ... this is what the wheel thread says - "and finally, there is the 10 hole Alpina wheel the attached image was made by Ronal for Alpina in 1975. Alpina has also acknowledged the production of an Alpina wheel by FPS that has an engraved Alpina. (the wheel is still in current production by BBS - sold by W+N and a few others)". this is the front of the BBS wheel ... not engraved

1640127365447.png

Wladek

Reaction score
Earlier this year i purchased set of 10 hole 7x14 made by FPS & it have stamped date 75 from the back.
What i noticed is that all 7x14 made by FPS have fully flat mount surface from the back.
20211222_111954.jpg

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the same wheels 2 for back is 14X7 and 2 front is 14X6.5 it is not fresh but it is easy to paint I will sale it for $100 each but need to be pick up I never mail a rims

Wladek

Reaction score
I have the same wheels 2 for back is 14X7 and 2 front is 14X6.5 it is not fresh but it is easy to paint I will sale it for $100 each but need to be pick up I never mail a rims
If you have 14x6.5 front & 14x7 you can't have the same set as above, turbines are not the same as Alpina style.
Add the photo of yours & all will be explained.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you have 14x6.5 front & 14x7 you can't have the same set as above, turbines are not the same as Alpina style.
Add the photo of yours & all will be explained.
but they are look same to me

Attachments

• 20210630_163304.jpg
    20210630_163304.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20211231_211428.jpg
    20211231_211428.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 120

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Following these postings, both wheels are the ones you speak of as having? One 7" and the other 6".

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
but they are look same to me

Your wheels are BMW e12 6x14" turbines.
It says 6x14 in the center even if you don't want to believe us.

IMG_20220108_085132.jpg

They have the same amount of spokes as the Alpina 7x14" wheel, but that's where the similarities ends.
The spokes are formed different, the part where the spokes meet the center are different, the turbines have no wide outer lip since they are 6" and not 7", Alpinas are ET11, turbines are ET22, turbines aren't made by Alpina and has no Alpina markings. Alpina 7x14" are rare, turbines are not.

s-l400(1).jpg 20211231_211428.jpg

dbower

Reaction score
I have 2 Alpinas, 7x14, 10-hole for sale. Straight but will need refinishing. I can provide all the identification details and more pics to anyone interested (they are stored off-site). Dunno what they're worth; how about $500 for the pair, plus shipping. I can deliver to The Vintage.

[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_4478.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4479.jpg
    IMG_4479.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4480.jpg
    IMG_4480.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 140

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the early e23 - 733i had the fps turbines. according to realoem those were 6.5" x 14" / et 25

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your wheels are BMW e12 6x14" turbines.
It says 6x14 in the center even if you don't want to believe us.

View attachment 133679

They have the same amount of spokes as the Alpina 7x14" wheel, but that's where the similarities ends.
The spokes are formed different, the part where the spokes meet the center are different, the turbines have no wide outer lip since they are 6" and not 7", Alpinas are ET11, turbines are ET22, turbines aren't made by Alpina and has no Alpina markings. Alpina 7x14" are rare, turbines are not.

View attachment 133680 View attachment 133681
Hello, you are right I am not saying mine are Alpina but look similar and there is 2 6x14 and 2 7x14 but look are the same I don't know how but 2 are 7x14 and it is not Alpina and center hole are bigger than Alpina that center cap will not match and I can not use Alpina center cap that's why it is not under my car I don't like it look at the center it is bigger than Alpina and have about 1/4 inch bump and Alpina do not have bump at all it is even with spoke the only thing is they are look like and lots of people don't know that is not Alpina

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, you are right I am not saying mine are Alpina but look similar and there is 2 6x14 and 2 7x14 but look are the same I don't know how but 2 are 7x14 and it is not Alpina and center hole are bigger than Alpina that center cap will not match and I can not use Alpina center cap that's why it is not under my car I don't like it look at the center it is bigger than Alpina and have about 1/4 inch bump and Alpina do not have bump at all it is even with spoke the only thing is they are look like and lots of people don't know that is not Alpina
hey today I had a free time and I use that new paint that is called Easy chrome I painted chrome and center Blue to match my car it came out very nice if you give me your wheel with better price I will paint it chrome and it look gorges I will send you the picture tomorrow if you see it I bet you will do it chrome just a imagine Alpina chrome wheel with center same color as your car color

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
The statement that Alpinas are rare needs some data. Yes, they rarely come up for sale and are relatively costly but do we have production numbers of different wheels from that era that fit the E9? How many coupes have these over some other wheel? Also data on metallurgy since some of us would shy from a "softer" wheel based on the roads we have.