1970 2800 CS (San Diego, CA)

floridabmx

Reaction score
Nevada to Fjord?
CC421CFC-3620-4CBD-84E4-5920089D44B1.jpeg

racerex

Reaction score
I've been really busy with work the past couple weeks and have been late in responding to a lot of people's direct messages. I just took her out of the garage over the weekend, washed her, and installed a new battery. She's ready to be driven home by the next owner. I also have a ton of spare new and used parts that will go with the car! Best way to reach me is to call or text 650-450-9531.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Racerex, that is a great car with a great price- I'm surprised it's still with you. I had the pleasure of driving an R8S on COTA here in Austin for half a day last year; great car but I like the e9 more :)

PS. say hi to "Speed"

racerex

Reaction score
Yes the car is still available. I'm in San Diego and I'm looking for a local buyer or at least someone who can be represented by someone locally. I'm just too busy to try and manage a long distance transaction.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes the car is still available. I'm in San Diego and I'm looking for a local buyer or at least someone who can be represented by someone locally. I'm just too busy to try and manage a long distance transaction.

Not much to manage. Buyer wire transfers you the money. Upon receipt, you FedEx the title to him. Buyer arranges to have the car picked up.

BTW, it is a beautiful car!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not much to manage. Buyer wire transfers you the money. Upon receipt, you FedEx the title to him. Buyer arranges to have the car picked up.

BTW, it is a beautiful car!
That almost exactly describes my e9 purchase. Only difference is that in my case, the transport driver picked up and delivered the title along with the car. I like your FedEx version better. I was on pins and needles while I waited 3 weeks for the car and title to show up.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The other way to do it is with an escrow service. Just like buying a house. A couple of hundred dollars and a little more time and paperwork, but it can make both buyer and seller feel more comfortable.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As a reminder of the unique geography of San Diego as it creates a challenge to someone who wants to sell his car only locally.....

Almost exactly 99% of Americans do not live in San Diego County.
To the south is another country.
To the west is the worlds largest ocean.
To the east the nearest major city is Phoenix- 350 miles away.
That leaves north- LA is 120 miles away.

Just sayin.....

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I didn’t already have mine I would jump in this. The cost to complete the Fjord color change is not that much and the rest of the car looks 95% done. This looks like a real bargain for a modest DIY’er, or I think a buyer could pay to finish this and still end up well ahead on $.

Surprised it’s not sold yet.

John

Last edited:

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I didn’t already have mine I would jump in this. The cost to complete the Fjord coooe change is not that much and the rest of the car looks 95% done. This looks like a real bargain, and I think a buyer could pay to finish this and end up well ahead on $.

Surprised it’s not sold yet.

John
Agreed, even though I have one, if it weren't for covid I'd seriously consider it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember this coupe when it resided in Orange County and was still in Nevada paint back in 2010, owner was a seriously nice guy.