1970 2800CS ready to roll!!

hplug

Reaction score
1970 2800CS
This 1970 2800CS is a nice dry and sorted coupe. This CS started live as an Agave green and now sports a nice Polaris silver paint job. This was done correctly and looks very presentable. The coupe started life in southern California specifically Los Angeles/Santa Monica area. It was originally purchased by a driver for Ferrari and he kept the car until old age. When it came time to part with this coupe he sold it to his long time BMW mechanic. The mechanic ended up retiring to Colorado and brought his coupe with him then it was sold about 4 years ago to the current owner. During the current owners care he has made a lot of updates to take this car to a good reliable and fun driver. The coupe was never skimped on and all of the updates were done professionally and correctly. The current owner replaced the original 2.8 liter with a euro 3.5 from a 735 and a getrag 5 speed. The original working condition 2.8 liter is available to the potential purchaser. This coupe is no nonsense E9 and is ready to be driven and enjoyed!

New top dash pad
New door brakes
New front and rear reupholstered seats in leather
No cuts in door panels
Original radio
New cocomats
No tears or stains on original headliner
New Hella H4 lights ( 4)
New La Jolla Independent Bilsteins , Coil springs and camber plates
New control arms and tie rods
New front and rear disc brakes rears were converted from drums
Alpina 7x14 alloys and excellent tread tires
Extensive new rubber seals on body and windows
New raised letter emblems
Getrag 265 5 spd ( excellent condition)
New Coupeking exhaust
Petri steering wheel
Alpina shift nob and new leather shift boot

Bosch 0 261 200 011 ECU (used)
Bosch 0 280 150 130 fuel injectors (used)
Bosch 0 280 203 018 air flow meter (new)
Bosch 0 280 160 213 fuel pressure regulator (new)
NGK BP5ES spark plugs (new)
Water pump (new)
71 degree thermostat (new)
528i radiator (boiled and rodded)
528i cooling fan shroud
E28 535i water pump pulley and belting configuration
Wiper motor (used)
Flywheel inspection cover (new)
Engine compression as follows:
Cyl. 1 – 115 psi
Cyl. 2 – 118 psi
Cyl. 3 – 120 psi
Cyl. 4 – 120 psi
Cyl. 5 – 118 psi
Cyl. 6 – 115 psi

Car is available with a clear title
$36950

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/sierra_autobahn_stett/library/polaris

Also complete tool kit

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am surprised no one has stepped up to buy this coupe, Hayes has a great reputation and really knows coupes and 02s. Is it the location? Are all of us on the right and left coasts?

:|

hplug

Reaction score
surprised

I have not had a lot of interest in this car and I am surprised this is one of the nicer coupes I have seen and it has all the right upgrades and would make a great show car or driver.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
TIming?

I have not had a lot of interest in this car and I am surprised this is one of the nicer coupes I have seen and it has all the right upgrades and would make a great show car or driver.

If I hadn't already bought one to restore a few months ago, I'd absolutely consider buying yours! Looks well above average in terms of rust remediation and prevention. I really like the fact that the front inner fenders have been left bare, ala CSL, so you can see what's really there.

Maybe buyers are put off at the fact that you can still see some of the old Agave paint? The color change didn't involve stripping it down to bare metal everywhere, and that might lead one to start wondering, "where else will the Agave pop up?" Detailed shots around the gas tank (trunk boards removed), might put that sort of speculation to rest.

hplug

Reaction score
makes sense

There is not really any evidence of the Agave except it was noticed when the car was on the lift. I will try to get some detail pictures of the trunk area. Thanks

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I kinda find the Tan and Silver clash a bit. I'd look very closely for rust , as you can see some in the seams of the upper strut area. Try to get a shot under the dash with a point and shoot camera and take the rocker panels off. Surprised the CK exhaust looks that rusty as I though it was Stainless.
If you can get out to see it in a week or two, maybe a refundable deposit would make sense if it does not pass your PPI. The best way to get a coveted car is to include it in a trip. Sometimes it doesn't pan out and is hard to turn around and pass on once you have invested in a flight and that much time.

Good luck.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have another question on this car. Neither of the front seats have the latch on the side of the front seat that is used to allow access to the rear seats. Did BMW use multiple designs for the mechanism to unlatch the seat back, so that I should be looking for a latch somewhere else?

hplug

Reaction score
For Sale

OK this 2800 is back on the market. Due to unforeseen circumstances the buyer has had to back out of the purchase. Needless to say this great coupe is available again. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
H

phead82

Reaction score
Bummed to hear this. Good luck with the sale (again) - she certainly deserves and will eventually find a good home.