1970 CS automatic Barn find on EBay

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score

no mention of a reserve.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool old parts. C seats and matching rears. Italvolanti wheel, spoiler I've never seen before, etc.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My buddy Dave and I went to look at this car 4 or 5 years ago. Dave has a beautiful euro six but has always wanted a coupe so we went to check it out. Nothing has changed except the location and the owner of the car - which is probably a good thing. It was the weirdest car looking/buying experience I've ever had. The house the car was at was not in the best neighborhood, we both thought it must have been some type of drug house. We had to walk through the house to get to the car, which was sitting right in the middle of the yard. It looked like it had been there for years. The owner was very heavy set, maybe 70, jeans with no shirt, and walked with a crooked cane that looked like something from the Hobbit, he said that he had owned the car for over 20 years and used the drive the hell out of it. He also added, it had a 3.5 out of a seven series. There were also two very skinny young guys, both with teeth issues, that kept popping in and out which was a little unnerving. After a few minutes in the yard, the owner went into the house and we kept inspecting the car. All of the sudden, we heard a bunch of dogs barking and before we knew it, we were surrounded by 4 or 5 pit bulls. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

As for the car, the body is horrible with rust everywhere. It does have some pretty cool period parts. The power Recaros are especially cool.

Last edited: