1970 e9 on bring a trailer

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s a ‘70 car with a ‘80 style harness and computer and ‘90 style Engine.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a ‘70 car with a ‘80 style harness and computer and ‘90 style Engine.

Don't geek out about engine wiring too much on this one. I need 2800 CS values to go up. That way I can pull out perceived "equity" from my coupe to justify more parts that I don't need :D

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That relay would also work for the fog lights, pins are identical. And I used a conventional Dizzy that was staked and guts removed to avoid the b35 look.

gsshack

Reaction score
$40K bump to $70K, so much for the non-original color, side marker lights, Automatic emblem holes plugged & 2800 vs. 3.0 discount. Interesting bidding strategy this early in the auction on a great looking coupe.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am so rooting for this auction. I do love the wide/tall sidewalls. I am starting to wonder whether I should return my tires before I put them on for a wider stance like this. It looks so period correct.

I forgot cars used to look like that.

Btw, I’m pretty sure I’m going to leave my front chrome bumper on based upon these results.

gsshack

Reaction score
The wheel/tire combo fills the wheel wells and does this coupe justice. If I remember correctly Carl's springs lower the coupe slightly which certainly helps the look. I've always liked the look of the front chrome bumper with the CSL style airdam - always regretted that I never added it to my former '72 3.0 CSi.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am so rooting for this auction. I do love the wide/tall sidewalls. I am starting to wonder whether I should return my tires before I put them on for a wider stance like this. It looks so period correct.

Btw, I’m pretty sure I’m going to leave my front chrome bumper on based upon these results.

You can always buy larger lips and barrels for your new wheels. It isn’t that difficult to stuff 9” BBS in the back. @Keshav has them on his CSL with 245 tires.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I do love the wide/tall sidewalls. I am starting to wonder whether I should return my tires before I put them on for a wider stance like this. It looks so period correct.

Gratuitous photo showng this wheel/tire combo. I love the look, along with the lowering springs. And a dog for you too.

mUnxc7pdAZzYNQpszthJ609R_nrBnD2togfzPr5qrq1kFOTFw13Njl_gkjvJkOLLbMj5PE4bnr4WroWvhC6H9CSGmj5zbHA5ioT-CohRHJjiuP4e1BYRTDS6DtXxOdJEmX1a_D3GRA047cnLvPAxBO4PNuBtvMGQYeeLlBmKse8w53xSNAU7zWSRWAOxvvkt4yiofdGy3fCxTNC5W6BS4VW-oRtWuc2SkbMEqLpNjoBVMqGkXidynv3ZhUK83G5zc4gmelOe_0eVU1pF64qQUWdfngZrOpvsyCaDVnorEF0V6l0ugB-BJ8FZgCikE-woQeWyCcOchCiRoKBIxvuJ92PVSS9ztjK6t9BSwJ5WPzVUqR9jDC1mbD1RpO6niFWu4eDp177Yk1yMy9UUi5x5XSfCjFmG63-R-q6WS0No7_J5vGvOAVNs5t_DHNAbphcsm-tmmyg33SbsHUS2R-J6rgbdjNnr4lv_NQYrI_o0SZCfJB68z6WyvMuNRnrDdKt930hKDyAOD0Kl1zG_XiWEWJ8yd7cc6SztjAKWf64rPOBzqzuYbuA8kP2kPI7UmOnenFNPhFV3D1sHH3DIulwcYueJV888UoUeYeU2fDs=w1036-h777-no

scottd

Reaction score
So much for my paltry estimate. Nice to see the market recognize the value of a nice rustfree example of our beautiful coupes.

Scott

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
God forbid if I have to sell my car, remind me to lie on the ground to take the photos, they look great

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
all i can say is WOW ... somebody send this to Hagerty to get them to raise their value book. hooray!
Gratuitous photo showng this wheel/tire combo. I love the look, along with the lowering springs. And a dog for you too.

mUnxc7pdAZzYNQpszthJ609R_nrBnD2togfzPr5qrq1kFOTFw13Njl_gkjvJkOLLbMj5PE4bnr4WroWvhC6H9CSGmj5zbHA5ioT-CohRHJjiuP4e1BYRTDS6DtXxOdJEmX1a_D3GRA047cnLvPAxBO4PNuBtvMGQYeeLlBmKse8w53xSNAU7zWSRWAOxvvkt4yiofdGy3fCxTNC5W6BS4VW-oRtWuc2SkbMEqLpNjoBVMqGkXidynv3ZhUK83G5zc4gmelOe_0eVU1pF64qQUWdfngZrOpvsyCaDVnorEF0V6l0ugB-BJ8FZgCikE-woQeWyCcOchCiRoKBIxvuJ92PVSS9ztjK6t9BSwJ5WPzVUqR9jDC1mbD1RpO6niFWu4eDp177Yk1yMy9UUi5x5XSfCjFmG63-R-q6WS0No7_J5vGvOAVNs5t_DHNAbphcsm-tmmyg33SbsHUS2R-J6rgbdjNnr4lv_NQYrI_o0SZCfJB68z6WyvMuNRnrDdKt930hKDyAOD0Kl1zG_XiWEWJ8yd7cc6SztjAKWf64rPOBzqzuYbuA8kP2kPI7UmOnenFNPhFV3D1sHH3DIulwcYueJV888UoUeYeU2fDs=w1036-h777-no

she's looking great Steve ... the car is too ...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a nice coupe, but ... in looking closely at the pics ... i have a few minor interior nits
- the welt around the seat back instead of the folds
- the wood isn't in the greatest shape
- the petri horn button and cover are not correct
- i don't like the brass zipper on the shift boot
- i don't believe the early 2800cs had the trunk caddy

that being said, that is being really picky, but this looks like a very solid coupe that has been well cared for.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a problem with it not having the ac evap in it (as Markos mentions in the BaT listing), the new owner is in for a world of hurt if he wants to install one.

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just looked at the BaT site and the Polaris 2800 Coupe is already at $70k with 5 days to go. The real action typically happens in the last 30 minutes unless it gets out of reach before that. Interesting to watch the bidding strategy when more than 1 bidder wants the vehicle. I have clicked "Watch" on this one. Could be a very interesting result for the E9 community. You can see comments and posts by the seller at the bottom of the Coupe display. The $ bids and who made them is also posted there.

Regards, Jon