1970 e9 on bring a trailer

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Honestly you strike me as a good candidate for fuel injection or the new down draft carbs that you have now. Here is my thinking:

1. You drive very long distances over several days in mountainous terrain. Triples get very poor gas mileage. :)
2. You aren't well versed in engine mechanics, if you hit any issue such as the fussy starting that Steve mentioned or altitude issues, you might be pulling your hair out.
3. You just installed new down drafts.

Honestly I would enjoy the car in current form and consider a fuel injected motor down the road.

Agreed! Thanks for reminding me. I will consider fuel injection later.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Odd. Normally their is a ‘flag’ button to tap and if enough tap it pulls the ad. Haven’t seen the prohibited.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the past I've posted another ad telling people that an ad is a scam. Not much you can do...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting question on the $70,000 bidder posted on BAT. If I were the $70,000 bidder I would consider my bid null and void once I was outbid. Did BAT contact this person about reinstating their bid, or merely resurrect the bid when it cancelled the other one?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting question on the $70,000 bidder posted on BAT. If I were the $70,000 bidder I would consider my bid null and void once I was outbid. Did BAT contact this person about reinstating their bid, or merely resurrect the bid when it cancelled the other one?

If there's a bid above yours they probably don't care, it's only the bids below yours that could be artificially holding your bid higher. Years ago eBay allowed you to cancel a bid at the last minute, so two bidders would work together... one bid gets put in at a low bid but is "second" highest and another bid is put in really high. Other bidders would come along and see a high bid and pass on by, then the high bid would be pulled at the last second so the second highest bidder can win the auction at a low bid. They caught on to this pretty fast and changed the cancellation policy.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Makes me suspect the 70k bidder too. Why plunk down that much more on a bid so far above the current one? Other than trying to intimidate of course but still...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Makes me suspect the 70k bidder too. Why plunk down that much more on a bid so far above the current one? Other than trying to intimidate of course but still...

Isn’t this strategy in every 80’s movie that includes an auction (usually auctioning a night out with a beautiful person). “10k 10k 10k.. do we have 12k?”. “One hundred thousand dollars!” first bid by the gentleman in the back of the room.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score

He either a) overestimates the value or b) does not care about overspending. The owner of this car would have been happy to get $60k - consistent with the Georgia 3.5 car which sold on here recently. It will be interesting to see whether any additional bidders enter the fray. The seller has already announced that the car is sold, reserve met very early, so any new bidder has to be thinking that they may be overspending for this. BaT produces some odd auction results - this car will join several other classic BMWs which sold for far more than the owners (and the community) expected. I don't think this defines the market but if I were selling a nice 2002, e9, E30 M3, etc. BaT would be the only place I would consider.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
He either a) overestimates the value or b) does not care about overspending. The owner of this car would have been happy to get $60k - consistent with the Georgia 3.5 car which sold on here recently. It will be interesting to see whether any additional bidders enter the fray. The seller has already announced that the car is sold, reserve met very early, so any new bidder has to be thinking that they may be overspending for this. BaT produces some odd auction results - this car will join several other classic BMWs which sold for far more than the owners (and the community) expected. I don't think this defines the market but if I were selling a nice 2002, e9, E30 M3, etc. BaT would be the only place I would consider.

Maybe he knows the car? It did pass through Autokennel, and they usually have pretty nice stuff.