1971 in dallas NMNA

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it has been discussed, and if seller is Select Classics, they have a horrible reputation on the 02 Forum.

CharlesJ

Site Donor
Reaction score
They sent me pictures of the restoration a while back on this car. While I appreciated the transparency, it was scary. Correct level of work for the very cheap price, but it falls under the category of doing more harm than good to me. I don't think anyone on this forum would want to be anywhere near it.

floridabmx

Reaction score
better off buying a BHCC car and taking it to maaco and pocketing the 15k

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not really sharp pictures, but i think it has really horrible welding work, for instance the panels under the seat, the ones that locate the seat sliders. My 7 yo daughter can weld better then that. And she has never welded anything...

(I'm always a soft and gentle guy, but this...Let's see if I can regain my posture by some therapeutic reading of a few DQ posts....)

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nothing like showing pictures of someone else's car when you'r selling yours... (it could look just like this)! ugh

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I saw this car in person. It was very sad to see that the car was basically painted with a Home Depot roller. The body work is scary bad, seems like they bit off more than they re used to chewing.

Buildit

Reaction score
GBE9 give me a break. You have never seen this car ? If so what is your name when you did you see the vehicle as am only one who could have show you ? Car is painted very nicely. You profile says you are from Green Bay ! You eating to much Cheese up there ?

Here is good pic of the paint work https://photos.app.goo.gl/mNzhquXg9jtQyPYa7

car is a bit dusty in our storage but painted very nicely with best in class PPG base coat and PPG 2021 Clear coat

There is one spot on driver door that needs minor touch up from scratch when working on interior and since painted in exact factory Polaris can be blended and updated and match perfectly !

Car was fully disassembled less suspension and engine for paint work. All glass out, all interior out, all truck out.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
GBE9 give me a break. You have never seen this car ? If so what is your name when you did you see the vehicle as am only one who could have show you ? Car is painted very nicely. You profile says you are from Green Bay ! You eating to much Cheese up there ?

I think you're a bit late to the party. The original post and indeed @GBE9's post was April 2019. So are you saying you are the guy selling it then or have it now???

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
So are you saying you are the guy selling it then or have it now???

Both, it seems.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you're a bit late to the party. The original post and indeed @GBE9's post was April 2019. So are you saying you are the guy selling it then or have it now???

He’s been trying to sell this as an unfinished project for years despite the recent claim that he was building it for “his collection”. This is just the 2019 post on this car. There are earlier ones…

June 2016 &
April 2017 &
June 2018:

December 2018:

Buildit

Reaction score
Nope, it has been a slow build in between doing hundreds of classics for clients. It is almost done. Just needs windows roped in and select new carbs and some hydraulic bleeds. Final choices of stripes, front spoiler, wheels... all are in stock

We acquired another white 71 euro spec coupe we are putting an S52 engine and trans in and may keep that one ?

This one has very nice orig full compression M30 2800 and 4speed

For example here is custom red leather interior and new wood trim and new dash

here is pic almost done

new 16 inch Alpina wheels and tires

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
For example here is custom red leather interior and new wood trim and new dash

Saving pic to forum…

663C4AB8-BE0D-4B0C-B0FF-A885286A3264.jpeg