View attachment 169129

View attachment 169130

View attachment 169131

View attachment 169132

View attachment 169133

View attachment 169134

View attachment 169135

Some NOS on eBay already
Hi Krzysztof (or may I call you "Jäger und Sammler"?)
The brand name is engraved only on the right side, but it´s funny to still find this! Anyhow, if they ask 750 for the wind splits what shall I ask for the spoiler??

Thomas

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Jäger und Sammler" good one!

You know how it is before starting any project for serious it is time to search and catch for any possible part. Some may not be available once needed.

Spoiler is worth some money for sure if it is not broken.

My project is not expecting so far any period correct non-OE parts but each car has some specific IDs like mine having wooden knob on the light switch as the previous (and only) owner was "in" furniture business. Still considering to keep that after restoration as it was one non original part, telling something about the Owner. It does not mean I would like you to keep that on the CSL - no way! :D

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Really strange why this happen than
View attachment 169137
body repair in the past? It could be looking below on the crack with a lot of body filler (If I'm not mistaken).

This is the result of the vinyl roof. There is a piece of chrome trim that they applied to the c-pillar base which was the bookend for the vinyl.

Here is the piece without the vinyl:
752B8DA2-B4F3-47DD-BAA6-2860452B8E7B.jpeg

Here is the piece with the vinyl:
3FDA69BE-E650-400C-B9AC-7B4FCD5DE7E8.jpeg

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
First of All Happy retirement. It looks this is the right time to take care of such special car.

I like the look of the cars just before restoration. It is like time capsule. Some may sit and imagine what a track, scene, cat ... could sit and in which places the car was.

or... maybe not all ...

I'm amazed with the condition of the wood. Car was not sitting on rain too long. Really nice details preservation in general.

Was the engine in? What kind of transmission it has (5 or 4-speed)?

Really strange why this happen than
View attachment 169137
body repair in the past? It could be looking below on the crack with a lot of body filler (If I'm not mistaken).

This is the result of the vinyl roof. There is a piece of chrome trim that they applied to the c-pillar base which was the bookend for the vinyl.

Here is the piece without the vinyl:
View attachment 169138

Here is the piece with the vinyl:
View attachment 169139
Very perfect condition of the car and your driveway!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
is it drilled and bolted on? No wonder the rust.

I can only assume so as it stays there without vinyl. Also, all of the period items were bolt on. Trim adhesives just weren’t there yet.

CSL windsplits
CSL rear spoiler
CSL arches
E9 Rear badges
Door trim (as seen on some 74’s)

Barry.b

Reaction score
Let,s have a look inside:
"Darling, my ash-tray is full, we need a new car"
View attachment 169123
No cigarettes, only parking tickets!
The photos in the auction catalog didn´t try to hide anything, so the buyer has no reason to complain afterwards!
The Angora cat must have loved the Scheel driver seat!
View attachment 169124
No hairs on the passenger seat, guess the cat really admired the Petri and the dashboard!
View attachment 169125

Well, the Petri received new leather already, the "Konsole" (don´t know the english word) is also with my saddler.
I started removing the varnish on the wooden dashboard piece, together with my neighbour (he is a carpenter) we will put new veneer on all other wooden parts, very special job, I will report later.
The Scheel seats are also with my saddler, I got the original fabric from Gerrit. Also found two headrests (I really care for my neck!).
You see these big "Pioneer" loadspeakers mounted in the door panels? In the back "Gelhard" was installed, my favourite at that time!
Wow!! at that time, but...
Black door panels are really hard to find, but... I found a complete set in a good condition at a resonable price.
Of course, in order to get these nice loudspeakers installed some cutouts had to be made these days, at the front doors and at the "Schinkenblech" (ham sheet??)
View attachment 169128
Of course I have some spare "Schinkenblech".

Well, for me it´s really great fun to deal with "obstacles" like this.
Back here we were lucky to find a lot of E9-parts. But times have changed, E9-parts are getting rare also over here.
What you need to get a car like this back to glory is time and good connections. If you try without, you really need money.

Today is my first day of retirement! The future looks great!

Have a nice sunday evening

Thomas
Congratulations on starting your retirement.
I hope you have a great time rebuilding your car .
It will most likely take a lot of time to do , but it will definitely be an interesting way to start your retirement :)
Good luck !!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Of interest to me is what the cost of such a restoration is when one is doing it mostly on their own. Final cost for parts and man-hours involved. Alternatively, perhaps nobody wants to know to avoid the pain.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
For the body work it's easy to calculate: check what needs to be replaced, have a look ar W&N, try to get a good discount. For non-CSL at least 5k€. Stripping the car by your own, about 1000 hours for craftsman.
5k for "KTL"
10K for painting
Engine, exterior, interior, etc.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's cataphoretic painting, as a standard rust protection for new cars but also available for old cars and parts.
20220222_113027.jpg
After chemical paint and rust had been removed the car will be submerged in a bath to receive this special coating.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
The story of the roof
Well, I didn´t tell you so far since I was so ashamed: there is a hole in my roof with a Britax sun roof installed:

20220805_152016.jpg
20220811_154217.jpg

Well, no way!! So I got myself another roof. Not a thin sheet one, a standard one. Better than nothing.

Dach gebraucht.jpg
Some weeks ago on "Kleinanzeigen" a E9 roof skin was advertised:
Dachhaut Dünnblech 4.jpg
Looking at the part number I could identify it as a CSL thin sheet roof!!
The story behind:
The owner stored it on the loft of their home. They did some modification to the roof, splitting up the loft into separate rooms.
One day they decided to sell the E9 roof since the car had been sold already.
Only to find out that they could not retrieve the E9 roof anymore because the doors were too small now.
This was 15 years ago.
Lately they did some other modifications on their house making it possible to retrieve the E9 roof.
I was the early bird, a week later it was in my hands:
IMG-20240214-WA0002[1].jpg

Last edited:

JamesE30

Reaction score
No fucking way haha Tom, congratulations, that is great news!

I also had an aftermarket sunroof sadly cut into my e9 and was elated when I managed to find a complete roof in great condition.

That was a couple years ago, but I saw this red roof on kleinanzeigan recently which reminded me of it and made me think it’s someone’s lucky day when they find this.. I didn’t realise how lucky though!!

What a cool story about the roof history too haha

And you don’t even have to paint it! :p

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
James,
The red roof is the standard roof I found last year and which I am selling now on "Kleinanzeigen"!
The black one resting on the antique matrasses on top of the car is the thin sheet one I just found!

JamesE30

Reaction score
James,
The red roof is the standard roof I found last year and which I am selling now on "Kleinanzeigen"!
The black one resting on the antique matrasses on top of the car is the thin sheet one I just found!
Ahhh now I get it! Haha amazing, yes now I remember seeing this NOS roof.. I must have been confused because I recognised both the red roof and the pic of the part number. What a score!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The story of the roof
Well, I didn´t tell you so far since I was so ashamed: there is a hole in my roof with a Britax sun roof installed:

View attachment 177526
View attachment 177527

Well, no way!! So I got myself another roof. Not a thin sheet one, a standard one. Better than nothing.

View attachment 177525
Some weeks ago on "Kleinanzeigen" a E9 roof skin was advertised:
View attachment 177528
Looking at the part number I could identify it as a CSL thin sheet roof!!
The story behind:
The owner stored it on the loft of their home. They did some modification on the roof, splitting up the loft in separate rooms.
One day they decided to sell the E9 roof since the car had been sold already.
Only to find out that they could not retrieve the E9 roof anymore because the doors were too small now.
This was 15 years ago.
Lately they did some other modifications on their house making it possible to retrieve the E9 roof.
I was the early bird, a week later it was in my hands:
View attachment 177529

Think your fitment may be a bit off :D

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
....yeah, will remove the matresses, thought it was the overhead airbag of that time...