1973 3.0CS on BAT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
1973_bmw_3-0cs_16162813921fe3f57bfc5BMW-3.0-Silver-A-GC.com-125-scaled.jpg

tmh

Reaction score
I am curious if this 73 will exceed the high bid on the recent 74 on Bring a Trailer from two weeks ago. Both cars look very solid based on the pictures, and both cars had new front fenders at some point.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am curious if this 73 will exceed the high bid on the recent 74 on Bring a Trailer from two weeks ago. Both cars look very solid based on the pictures, and both cars had new front fenders at some point.
Good question. That 74 was bid to $63K with the big bumpers. I thought it would go higher. This (natural bumpers more marketable color combo) one should go closer to $70K or higher, pop rivets not withstanding.

tmh

Reaction score
I would think the current bid of $65,000 should satisfy what constitutes a reasonable reserve. Bring a Trailer wants cars to be sold and their website has generally brought fair prices to sellers. At some point I would expect that BAT will not accept cars with unrealistic reserves.

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Watched the end of the auction and I think this is a one off price, especially for this Coupe. The lesson here, to me, is that presentation is everything even if the seller, 911r, has the wrong handle for the sale of our Coupes. The car was well presented, answered all questions and had professional photos but it's had minimal drive train upgrades and a number of issues that, at that price, should have been sorted. Came down to 2 guys with deep pockets both wanting the same Coupe. Hope those type of people are around when I put Sahara up for sale.

Regards, Jon

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow that's crazy money.....for that kind of money the front rubber bumper guards should be correct for '73.... at least. Hope they enjoy it.... and most of all drive it at that price! 911r made out on that one.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So crazy.

#2 car with riveted fenders, floor pans replaced with non-oem, and tons of yellow chromate plating.

Mind blown.

tmh

Reaction score
Two individuals wanted the same car and pushed the price up from $110,000. It was almost double the amount I thought it would sell for. I still think $70,000-$75,000 is a good price for a nice CS, and it looked like a very nice car. The silver one that didn't meet the reserve about 3 months ago seemed like a comparable car to me, but what do I know. Deep pockets and someone who knows what they want.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Professional photography didn't hurt. And everybody loves a dog...Nicely done. Le Corbusier said, God lives in the details, or something like that...