1973 3.0CS - Pasadena Craiglist

tightbox

Reaction score
I think it probably exists, he eventually sent me extensive pictures via text message.

He has also posted lots of vintage BMW parts for sale over the past few years on various forums.

I no longer want to purchase the car, so I am happy to share the pictures I do have (via private PM only). I just want my "refundable" deposit back!

tightbox

Reaction score
Here is the seller's original description of the car:

"Rare 1973 BMW 3.0CS ALPINA BLUE 1 OWNER VERY CLEAN TONS OF RECORDS CA CAR LOW MILES CONTACT VIA EMAIL FOR MORE INFO"

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, tricky situation. I guess that is why the Japanese first establish trust with the person and only later transact business.

If AMEX does not help you may have to enlist the "Occupy" movement and camp in front of his house.

tightbox

Reaction score
He was asking $15995.

He says he is transferring funds back into his PayPal account to reimburse me. I should know in 3-5 business days if he is going to do the right thing.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The funds you transfered should already be there. Sounds like more games to me. Did you find his permanent address or just phone numbers?

74EuroE9

Reaction score
I saw this car and met that guy

A crappy CS and a storage setting...looked liken an abandoned, high end used car lot...bentleys with missing grilles, rust euro-benzes and other white elephants. The guy spooked both me and my friend, who wanted to seemthe car. Once I get a bad vibe, its over...like a smelly kitty.

execmalibu

Reaction score
I called the guy again with no return call! The car looks like a Euro 1974 model...

I drove to Pasadena (1 hour away) about a week ago to see the car and the seller (Omar)did not answer his phone when I got there... The next day he called and said that he lost his cell phone...

He must have lost his phone again because yesterday I called and no return call...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
According to the new ad you guys are a bunch of "flakers" and are wasting his time so stop it! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Notice the abandoned "Available" sign in the fourth photo. Now he is asking that only serious suckers not waste his time - and their money.

Glad you got your deposit back.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I drove to Pasadena (1 hour away) about a week ago to see the car and the seller (Omar)did not answer his phone when I got there... The next day he called and said that he lost his cell phone...

He must have lost his phone again because yesterday I called and no return call...

Had he given you an adress to where the car was? Did you at least get to see the car from the outside?

execmalibu

Reaction score
I was supposed to meet him and then he would take me to the car...

He said to meet him and that he would take me to his storage area to see the car... I started calling while on my way and he never answered...

I do NOT think he wants to show the car... He probably wants to sell the car long distance via the net with "his" photos...

Mostafa Hashad sent me his photos... Always the first thing I ask to see is the car from 20 feet away... I can tell everything about a car from that distance:p

I emailed him yesterday that I wanted to see the car and still and NO response... The car is still on CL though.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And such a remarkable feedback score......

dapperdoormansassistant ( Feedback Score Of 0 )

Three words folks....

Run Like Hell....