1973 BMW 3.0CS $5,500 Los Angeles

floridabmx

Reaction score
proceed with caution car is pictured at MB vintage cars who are from Ohio IIRC.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this one is in a lot of pain. rust, destroyed interior - needs basically ... EVERYTHING

floridabmx

Reaction score
Also I know this car :) and mb vintage cars sold it on eBay if memory serves correctly

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Eleven VIN numbers away from my car. And it also looks to have similarities in condition and completeness. Which is to say, this one looks like a great project! :D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
makes a lot of sense if you have the luxury of being able to put sweat equity into it and self-perform body work / interior work / mechanical work ... or at least 2 of the 3 ... as well as a huge pile of spare trim parts.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
makes a lot of sense if you have the luxury of being able to put sweat equity into it and self-perform body work / interior work / mechanical work ... or at least 2 of the 3 ... as well as a huge pile of spare trim parts.
And still a pair of deep pockets.

Tirekikr

Site Donor
Reaction score

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 141

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For the self-performers, it's really not so much the money as it is the time. There's a lot of time associated with making the chassis right again. But in this case, also the cost to source e the rest of the interior. It's a double whammy.
But hey, if it were closer... :D

Last edited:

m73

Reaction score
unless its a 20k car masquerading as a 40k car ... where it will need 50k worth of work (20k of hidden rust remediation)

Ahhh the masquerading cars....gotta love them!.....:)

This coupe seems a long way from anything, maybe a conversion, resto-mod, or race car....and I would talk down price just a bit.

You have that much in parts and vin # but as soon as you touch any of the pieces there will be expenses to deal with effectively making them lose value....

My .02 cents

Tirekikr

Site Donor
Reaction score
Top of the fenders/ shock towers look good from here. I wouldn't be concerned with patching the floors/ rockers as they don't look bad. I'd do a custom dash/gauges & interior. Body is straight w/ a sunroof. Car is what 85% complete I'd say. I don't wanna see any E9's leave the road anymore than you guys so I'd restore the outside & resto-mod the inside.

day66

Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm slightly envious - there's very little for sale at all in the UK, and nothing restorable at that kind of money