Site Donor $
Reaction score

I like it a lot! Looks pretty solid!

Good luck with the sale!

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine....
Would have loved to keep it and that was my absolute intention upon purchase.
But, life dictates.
I believe the ad is thourough.
If not, let me know. Did my best to provide all information and be as transparent as possible.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine....
Would have loved to keep it and that was my absolute intention upon purchase.
But, life dictates.
I believe the ad is thourough.
If not, let me know. Did my best to provide all information and be as transparent as possible.

Can you provide a bit more information on the paint? When you say failed, is it the clear coat or is it the base color coat? Thanks

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
I said it to BAT but they decided to word it in a simplistic way.
According to the previous owner the paint did not harden properly and had hairline cracks all over the car.
So, scotchbight was used to bring the car to it's current look. Grey showing through in a few areas.
Found a matte black rattle can that matches pretty well and it will be in the trunk for the buyer.
Still has some crack. But, imo, the car looks badass.
I would keep it if it made sense finacially.
Daughter starting collage next year and home improvements take precedence.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I did the e28 upgrade with diodes per electrical diagrams from here.
Not sure about the base coat vs clear coat.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I said it to BAT but they decided to word it in a simplistic way.
According to the previous owner the paint did not harden properly and had hairline cracks all over the car.
So, scotchbight was used to bring the car to it's current look. Grey showing through in a few areas.
Found a matte black rattle can that matches pretty well and it will be in the trunk for the buyer.
Still has some crack. But, imo, the car looks badass.
I would keep it if it made sense finacially.
Daughter starting collage next year and home improvements take precedence.

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, bat doesn't get into the details. Having sold on Bat before, you may want to put together a "post" explaining all that. My advice would be to not let the crowd define what happened to the paint is as they will likely blow it way out of proportion and derail any momentum you have going. My 2 cents of course!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recommend adding a comment about the paint failure. This info definitely adds context.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gordon ... good luck with the sale, i get how life dictates. i have had to give this subject some thought, but i think i will sell my 911 before the coupe.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good luck. A car we will long remember:

a.jpg

I'm guessing BaT rejected this pic.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think this is a very good option for anyone contemplating E9 ownership. It presents a number of different options going forward but has the one thing that we all know matters...a very solid body. A couple of interesting notes. My car, VIN 2240471, must have been built around the same time and also Nachtblau/Saddle, yet mine has a manual sunroof while this has electric. With a 225 VIN the this must have originally been an automatic. Good luck Gordon. I think you will do very well.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@gdub0717 - Don't sweat the lack of comments or bids at this point. The serious folks don't come out until the last 10 minutes. Your car will definitely appeal to enthusiast that want a specific color and may want to restomod a bit. Tues and Wed are allegedly the best days for a closure of an auction... At least that's what they told me

I'd say good luck but I don't really think you'll need it!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@gdub0717 - Don't sweat the lack of comments or bids at this point. The serious folks don't come out until the last 10 minutes. Your car will definitely appeal to enthusiast that want a specific color and may want to restomod a bit. Tues and Wed are allegedly the best days for a closure of an auction... At least that's what they told me

I'd say good luck but I don't really think you'll need it!

Agreed. With 13 hours to go this ad has more views and watchers than the red coupe that sold prior.

@gdub0717 ’s live auction
F17C1DAC-2078-4BE9-9C1B-BC5541B54C6A.jpeg

Verona:
5594A22C-E219-4553-819A-9101F754A763.jpeg

Oldenzaal CSI:
6C766384-5B85-455A-9280-0B26F48443C3.jpeg

Last edited: