1973 BMW 3.0CS with E46 M3 Drivetrain SoCal

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I merged the three threads on this car, and the posts will show up in chronological order. No kittens or e9 sales were harmed as a result of this merge.

If anyone is interested in the car it looks like PM’ing @Paul-HB is the way to go!

Paul-HB

Reaction score
It’s been for sale at Autokennel for a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bill (and others),

Actually, Josh and Tighe dropped the car off with us on 2/21 in the late afternoon. We didn't have it detailed or prepared to show until the following week where we displayed it at our annual Porsche open house weekend. I know some of you came out and visited. We didn't put it on our site/email blast until 1 week ago (3/2). Maybe some of you saw our email with our small anecdote. We wanted to give the local community first shot. We've had some interest and lots of questions, but no serious offers. Hence, we started yesterday listing it across the internet.

Also, yes, it is Josh Stern's car. The car has never been listed publicly or auctioned. He posted on Instagram about a month ago (per my recommendation) that it was available and anyone interested contact him before he gave it to me. Price was the same whether he sold it or I did. I just didn't want calls of those who over the years said they wanted first crack at it if he ever sold it.

Josh is now in Atlanta and simply too busy to respond to emails, calls, let alone showing the car since it was here in his L.A. storage garage. So, he sent it to me. We've been discussing selling this car for nearly a year now. It's not been an easy decision and ideally, he was hoping it went to someone in the local SoCal E9 community.

I hope this clarification helps.

Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions or clarification.

Thank you all for your kind support.

Cheers,

Paul
714-335-4911

Bill Sawyer

Reaction score
Hi Bill (and others),

Actually, Josh and Tighe dropped the car off with us on 2/21 in the late afternoon. We didn't have it detailed or prepared to show until the following week where we displayed it at our annual Porsche open house weekend. I know some of you came out and visited. We didn't put it on our site/email blast until 1 week ago (3/2). Maybe some of you saw our email with our small anecdote. We wanted to give the local community first shot. We've had some interest and lots of questions, but no serious offers. Hence, we started yesterday listing it across the internet.

Also, yes, it is Josh Stern's car. The car has never been listed publicly or auctioned. He posted on Instagram about a month ago (per my recommendation) that it was available and anyone interested contact him before he gave it to me. Price was the same whether he sold it or I did. I just didn't want calls of those who over the years said they wanted first crack at it if he ever sold it.

Josh is now in Atlanta and simply too busy to respond to emails, calls, let alone showing the car since it was here in his L.A. storage garage. So, he sent it to me. We've been discussing selling this car for nearly a year now. It's not been an easy decision and ideally, he was hoping it went to someone in the local SoCal E9 community.

I hope this clarification helps.

Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions or clarification.

Thank you all for your kind support.

Cheers,

Paul
714-335-4911

Actually what I should have said was that it’s been listed as “coming soon” on your site for weeks.

I visit often, and informed a certain racing official who is an old friend about a white Porsche 930 he bought from you a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk